They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

copying show to another cd

Standard, Gold & Producer. Talk with our experts about this great slideshow creating software.

copying show to another cd

Postby lARRY » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:07 pm

Hello and please help. I am unable to copy a proshow gold slide show from one cd onto another, and have the new one work. what am I doing wrong? I also have a video created with proshow on cd that I need to copy to another cd. Can anyone help me? thank you
lARRY
New User
New User

Re: copying show to another cd

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:29 pm

Hi, lARRY. Welcome to Muvipix!

Are you just trying to duplicate a CD?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby VernonRobinson » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:03 pm

Larry,
Welcome to Muvipix. In order to help you I need to understand a little more clearly what you are trying to do.

First you mentioned copying to a CD. Are you copying a created movie to a CD such as a VCD Movie? Or did you really mean to say that you are copying to a DVD? ProShow itself, does not directly duplicate an existing DVD/CD. You can specify multiple copies when creating the DVD, if you know exactly how many copies that you would want. The drawback is that if you decide later that you want an additional copy of your movie, you would then have to render your entire movie, even though you did not change anything, before you could burn another copy. The workaround for this is to create an ISO file. ProShow will create an ISO file, which is a file that contains all of the information that you would have on your DVD/CD, but it is in a special format. You would then use your burning software (e.g. NERO, or ImgBurn [free]) to read the ISO file and create the DVD/CD without requiring ProShow to render the movie again. You can get the latest ProShow Manual for Gold here http://www.photodex.com/support/resources. You can read about how to create an ISO file there.

If you are trying to duplicate an existing DVD, do you have burning software that came with your DVD burner, e.g. NERO? If so, then you could use the "disk copy" feature of the software.

Sorry for the long answer, but if you could give us more specific information, we can give you more specific help.

Regards,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby lARRY » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:49 pm

What I'm trying to do is, five years ago I scanned about 2500 35mm slides into my computer. from there I used proshow gold to make a slide show, in turn I created a vcd onto a regular cd-r. now five yrs later I want to copy that slide show from the original vcd onto a new cd. The copy process went smooth, I thought, but when I put the new disk into the dvd player. it said something like unable to read this disk. So this is where i"m at. I though it would be a simple case of copy and paste but I guess not. Is there a process to acomplish what I am trying to do????? :pull:
lARRY
New User
New User

Postby Ron » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:28 pm

Can your DVD Player play the original VCD? If so, you may need to try a different brand disk to copy to. Try ImgBurn (free program) to make a duplicate copy of the CD. If you did a simple copy/paste, you may not have copied all the necessary files.

Understand that, even if you're able to extract the video to a suitable format, the resolution isn't going to be acceptable to today's standards. I believe VCD is 352x240 at best (VHS quality max).

Probably a dumb question: do you still have the 2500 images?
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby VernonRobinson » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:05 pm

Larry,
I would have to concur with Ron. If you are savvy enough to scan 2500 slides, then I am sure that you know how to duplicate a disk. Just to confirm, the 5 year old disk plays in the current player without issue? If so, then I would look at changing the media. I would recommend Taiyo Yuden, order from the web (SuperMediaStore.com, Meritline.com), or Verbatim. Verbatim is available at all of the Big Box stores, (Best Buy, Radio Shack, and WWW).

Some DVD players are pretty finicky about what they will play. In fact the more expensive units tend to be the most finicky in my experience. Try different media and let us know how you get on.

Regards,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Bob » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:18 pm

I have a more basic question. How did you copy the old vcd to the new CD? Did you use Window drag and drop feature, a copy program such as Nero or Roxio, or something else?
Bob

Postby lARRY » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:19 pm

Ron wrote:Can your DVD Player play the original VCD? If so, you may need to try a different brand disk to copy to. Try ImgBurn (free program) to make a duplicate copy of the CD. If you did a simple copy/paste, you may not have copied all the necessary files.

Understand that, even if you're able to extract the video to a suitable format, the resolution isn't going to be acceptable to today's standards. I believe VCD is 320x240 at best (VHS quality max).

Probably a dumb question: do you still have the 2500 images?

Yes the original vcd's play in my dvd player. yes all of the slides are still in there carousal's
lARRY
New User
New User

Postby lARRY » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:23 pm

VernonRobinson wrote:Larry,
I would have to concur with Ron. If you are savvy enough to scan 2500 slides, then I am sure that you know how to duplicate a disk. Just to confirm, the 5 year old disk plays in the current player without issue? If so, then I would look at changing the media. I would recommend Taiyo Yuden, order from the web (SuperMediaStore.com, Meritline.com), or Verbatim. Verbatim is available at all of the Big Box stores, (Best Buy, Radio Shack, and WWW).

Some DVD players are pretty finicky about what they will play. In fact the more expensive units tend to be the most finicky in my experience. Try different media and let us know how you get on.

Regards,
-Vernon

yea the original disk's play great in my new dvd player.I am trying to use Sony CD-R with 700 mb :pull:
lARRY
New User
New User

Postby lARRY » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:32 pm

Bob wrote:I have a more basic question. How did you copy the old vcd to the new CD? Did you use Window drag and drop feature, a copy program such as Nero or Roxio, or something else?

I had the orignal in my e: drive and a blank in my d: drive. I went to my computer right click on E:\ choose copy then went to my D:\ drive and choose paste. when i discovered that it wouldn't work I done the same thing again but instead I draged and droped, with the same results. After 5 yrs I had to download my copy of proshow gold this morning, and proshow would not recognize the original disk's. All I know is that there is 5 folders on the original disks, but I can not view any of them. Help!!!!!!!!!!1 :pull:
lARRY
New User
New User

Postby Ron » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:22 pm

ProShow doesn't recognize it because it's not in a ProShow format, it's in a VCD format.

Download and install ImgBurn - http://www.imgburn.com/

Use the "Create image file from disc" option to create an image file. Save the image file to a location of your choice. Then, use the "Write image file from files/folders" to create the new disc. Select the image file you just created (having a blank disc in the drive ready to go) to write to the blank disc.
Regards,
-Ron

Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby VernonRobinson » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:22 pm

Yeah, What Ron said. Drag and drop CD writing is a bit problematic in XP. I understand it works in Win7. If you have Roxio or NERO, you could use Duplicate Disk. That would also work.

Regards,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby lARRY » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:56 pm

This post goes to Ron and all the others that helped me with my copy VCD problem. I did your suggestion using (Imgburn software, worked great done what I wanted it to do. GREAT Thanks you guys .. Now I have a new issue. I would like to make like a 3 or 4 minuite video clip of an old 8 mm home movie that I put onto a VCD. Windows movie maker does not recgonize the format. You guuys did such a great job helping me with the slide show, I though maybe you could help me out with this video clip. Ideas??????
lARRY
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:02 pm

Glad to hear your other issue has been resolved :)

Do you know what format the video clip is Larry?
There is a tool called GSpot that will analyze the file and give you codec information among other things, might be worth looking at; http://www.headbands.com/gspot/
It is a very small program and pretty easy to use.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Ron » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:12 pm

Navigate to your VCD and copy the *DAT file that is in the MPEGAV folder to a folder on your hard drive. This is the video. Rename the DAT extension to MPG. It's simply a MPEG-1 file so your video editor should be able to import/play it. Remember, though, it's a small resolution video (352x240) so try to keep it at that resolution when creating your new video.
Regards,
-Ron

Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to ProShow Series Software