They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Dual install proshow?

Standard, Gold & Producer. Talk with our experts about this great slideshow creating software.

Dual install proshow?

Postby jackfalbey » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:39 pm

Does anyone know if you can dual install Proshow under the EULA like you can with Adobe? (Adobe lets you install their software on 2 computers so you can have "work" and "home" installs; the catch is you can only have one actively in use at a time) I'd like to have a "home" install of Proshow so I'm not tied to the office, but I can't find a copy of the EULA online anywhere...
ASRock Z77 Pro4, Xeon E3-1230 V2, Windows 7 64-bit, 32GB RAM, 3GB GTX 660 ti, 240GB SSD for OS/programs, 3x640GB in RAID0 for projects
Panasonic GH2; Adobe Creative Cloud
http://www.CMDStar.com
http://www.FamilyTreePhotography.co
jackfalbey
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Dual install proshow?

Postby VernonRobinson » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:00 am

Jack,
In paragraph 13 of the EULA, it states that the software "is licensed to the person". That would tend to indicate that as long as it is being controlled by the person to which it is licensed, then it is an authorized use.

In practicality, a lot of people use the software on more than one machine. That is one of the main uses of the "Collect Files" feature. It allows for easy backup and transporting between your laptop and desktop.

Glad to see that you are concerned about things like the licensing agreement. Most would not give it a second thought. The people at Photodex are pretty laid back. Must be that Texas living :cool: .

Regards,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to ProShow Series Software