They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Proper DV-AVI export from ProShow

Standard, Gold & Producer. Talk with our experts about this great slideshow creating software.

Proper DV-AVI export from ProShow

Postby VernonRobinson » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:40 pm

I have created a slideshow in ProShow and wanted to export the show to use in PrEl so that I can annotate it and also use the great menus we have available from MuviPix. ProShow does export AVI, but after some research it appears to be uncompressed AVI. When I put the AVI in PrEl it gets the redline indicating it needs to be rendered.

ProShow will allow selection of Codecs to use, but the list available was rather anemic. After searching here and in the ProShow forum, two choices emerged. The first is to install the Panasonic DV codec. I installed the Codec and Windows shows it as installed and working. However, it does not show up as a choice in the ProShow dropdown.

The ProShow forum recommended the installation of HuffyUV codec. However, the file I get out of it does not appear to be DV-AVI either and needs to be rendered. Any ideas on this one?

Thanks,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Proper DV-AVI export from ProShow

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:02 pm

Hi Vernon, Don't have an answer other than I don't recommend the Huffy codec.
You should be able to use either Microsoft AVI or Microsoft DV-AVI, either would be fine.
I also moved this post to the ProShow forum :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:16 pm

Do you have GSpot? http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

Take a look at one of your exported avi files with GSpot and see what it says about the video and audio codec. It will also tell you whether it's a type 1 or type 2 avi.
Bob

Postby VernonRobinson » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:04 pm

Chuck Engels wrote:Hi Vernon, Don't have an answer other than I don't recommend the Huffy codec.
You should be able to use either Microsoft AVI or Microsoft DV-AVI, either would be fine.
I also moved this post to the ProShow forum :)

Chuck,

I will have to sort this out later, but I finally had to leave titling in PrEl alone for the moment. Having it crash every 10 minutes is counter productive. I tried installing the MainConcept Codec, it does not show up in ProShow either. The list of available Codecs has grown quite a bit since I installed the Cole2k Media codec package. Take a look. But still no Panasonic DV, Main Concept, or Microsoft DV-AVI in ProShow.

-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby VernonRobinson » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:08 pm

Bob wrote:Do you have GSpot? http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

Take a look at one of your exported avi files with GSpot and see what it says about the video and audio codec. It will also tell you whether it's a type 1 or type 2 avi.

Bob,
I will do this as part of the post mortem. Right now I am up against a deadline. So I will do this the brute force method for now.

Thanks,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to ProShow Series Software