They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

PSP trial version - time limited or watermarked?

Standard, Gold & Producer. Talk with our experts about this great slideshow creating software.

PSP trial version - time limited or watermarked?

Postby Cinde » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:23 pm

My daughter is becoming interested in video production. I use Premier Elements but I'd like to look at Pro Show Producer for her.

A time limited trial version of maybe 30 days might not be enough time for me to test it and begin teaching her to see if she is really dedicated to learning. I wouldn't mind a watermark if it gives more than 30 days trial period.

Has anyone downloaded the trial version and can answer my question?
Cinde
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: PSP trial version - time limited or watermarked?

Postby VernonRobinson » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:28 pm

Cinde,
The ProShow tutorials are both time limited and watermarked. The ProShow people are quite easy to work with. You may be able to request a 15 day extension. Another strategy would be to consider Movies on TV. It is similar to ProShow. Their trials are only watermarked and not time limited. It strikes me as more powerful than ProShow Gold, but not quite as powerful as Producer. Their approach and methodology is quite similar. In fact they are so similar, that I wonder if the creators of Memories on TV were not previously connected. If not, then it is clear that they clearly benchmark against ProShow.

Regards,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:01 am

Vernon, interesting comments about ProShow Gold and Memories on TV.

I havn't made any commitment yet to ProShow Gold so I would appreciate it if you have any more info vis a vis the two products and also any personal recommendation (?) if you have experience of them both. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby VernonRobinson » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:10 am

John 'twosheds' McDonald wrote:Vernon, interesting comments about ProShow Gold and Memories on TV.

I havn't made any commitment yet to ProShow Gold so I would appreciate it if you have any more info vis a vis the two products and also any personal recommendation (?) if you have experience of them both. Thanks.

John,
I haven't used ProShow Gold, I purchased Producer instead. However, it seems that Memories on TV is running close to PSP. I would have to give PSP the edge. The product appears a bit more refined. But the approach between the two is simialr. They both use a slide-centric approach instead of the multiple time lines ala PrEl. PSP has templates to allow you to use the same show sequences over and over again while just changing the pictures. MOTv uses Clips to accomplish the same thing. They both have a good amount of transitions, allow for automatic Ken Burns type effects. The latest MOTv says that it incorporates face recognition technology to try and keep your Ken Burns effects from inadvertently clipping the subject matter. I haven't tested it yet. It seemed pretty good before.

If money is no object, I would stay with PSP. But if it was a choice between Gold and MOTv, I would give the edge to MOTv. MOTv exports AVI, so that could be used in PrEl. It supports masking and overlays. Not a bad package.

-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:47 am

Thanks for the very useful info/summary Vernon.

I'll play some more with the demo versions (and also play with Picture to Exe) then I'll decide.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Return to ProShow Series Software