They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Masking Demo - ProShow Producer

Standard, Gold & Producer. Talk with our experts about this great slideshow creating software.

Masking Demo - ProShow Producer

Postby VernonRobinson » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:03 pm

Photodex has posted a new masking demo for ProShow Producer. Here is the URL: http://www.photodex.com/sharing/spotlig ... sking.html

Note that you will have to download the presenter plugin if you do not have it already. There was one sequence in the demo that caught my eye and I tried to reproduce it. Here is the show. http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 4083&alb=0 If someone would like, I could try and upload my approach to the same effect.

Regards,
-Vernon

Edit: I have uploaded the PSP project file. Replace the demo pics in the layer with your own and enjoy. I believe this is the correct URL: http://muvipix.com/cpg/displayimage.php?pos=-1478

-V
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Masking Demo - ProShow Producer

Postby Ron » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:41 am

Bookmarked, good stuff! Those [types of transitions] do not detract at all, I think they really keep the viewer engaged.

I don't know if you did it on purpose, to show the effect, but if you shorten the slide duration where the masks are, it flows better.
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby VernonRobinson » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:30 am

Ron wrote:Bookmarked, good stuff! Those [types of transitions] do not detract at all, I think they really keep the viewer engaged.

I don't know if you did it on purpose, to show the effect, but if you shorten the slide duration where the masks are, it flows better.

Ron,
Thanks. I just got Producer for a Christmas gift. I saw the demo, but they do not tell you how they did it. I believe they want you to come to one of their seminars. That is ok, but not likely for me due to time crunch. I was just experimenting to see how we could approximate the effect. I will try your suggestion. How comfortable are you with masks in PSP? I think I may try one or two more. I think this effect could also be accomplished in PrEl pretty easy too. Stay tuned and let's get other ProShow users to show some of their tricks.

I would suggest that people use the pictures from the Photodex Tutorial toolkit and upload the show. This would allow a person to study the effect in detail and also allow them to just change the pictures if they are in a hurry or haven't built their skill level high enough to fully digest the concept or make modifications. What do you think of this suggestion?

Thanks,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Doreen L. » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:36 am

Very cool looking Vernon and thanks. This is something I'd love to try when I get a chance.
Dell XPS410 Duo Core, 4GB RAM, 2 360 gig hard drives, 1 500 gig external hard drive
http://tworiversailing.com/
Doreen L.
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Ron » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:55 am

VernonRobinson wrote:I would suggest that people use the pictures from the Photodex Tutorial toolkit and upload the show. This would allow a person to study the effect in detail and also allow them to just change the pictures if they are in a hurry or haven't built their skill level high enough to fully digest the concept or make modifications. What do you think of this suggestion?

I think its a great idea - sharing project files. That's exactly what we're here for, to learn off of each other and share experiences. Like Doreen, I need to find the time to learn and apply all those effects. If the projects aren't too large, you could attach them right to the posts.
Regards,
-Ron

Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby VernonRobinson » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:51 pm

Doreen L. wrote:Very cool looking Vernon and thanks. This is something I'd love to try when I get a chance.

Doreen,
Thanks. Based upon input from you and others lead me to try ProShow. Looking at Gold and Producer, it seems that Producer was the more complete product. However, it is significantly different than PrEl. What types of things have you been able to do in ProShow?

Anxious to learn,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby VernonRobinson » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:54 pm

Ron wrote:I think its a great idea - sharing project files. That's exactly what we're here for, to learn off of each other and share experiences. Like Doreen, I need to find the time to learn and apply all those effects. If the projects aren't too large, you could attach them right to the posts.

What is the max size you would recommend? I just put the project into the gallery. I hope I did it correctly.

-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Ron » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:41 pm

VernonRobinson wrote:What is the max size you would recommend? I just put the project into the gallery. I hope I did it correctly.

Your Gallery link is fine. And the maximum upload for the Gallery is 50MB. I don't think that any sample project file will be that large.

For attaching files to your post, the max file size is 2MB.
Regards,
-Ron

Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Doreen L. » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:07 am

I really haven't delved into PSP editing capabilities yet. One of the big reasons I upgraded was more export choices and layers (which my PSG edition didn't have). Plus I got it in July, found out in August I had to learn InDesign, which kept me busy till November and then I started with Flash and Dreamweaver. I do use it all the time for basic slide shows. It's sooo much easier (and better quality) than PE IMHO. I've found that the Pro Show Enthusiest forum has lots of ideas - just have to make the time to use them.

I did play around with your effect show yesterday. I'm thinking of doing something like that to convert to flash and put in a banner on one of my web pages. My website needs a major haulover and I'm having a hard time making it come together (my mind is all over the place creatively).
Dell XPS410 Duo Core, 4GB RAM, 2 360 gig hard drives, 1 500 gig external hard drive
http://tworiversailing.com/
Doreen L.
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby VernonRobinson » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:30 am

Doreen,
Sounds like you are doing the website yourself. That is a big undertaking. I have found that learning the tool takes time. However, the creative ability to dream of new possibilities is what often eludes me.

-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to ProShow Series Software