They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

ProShow Producer Transitions to the Beat

Standard, Gold & Producer. Talk with our experts about this great slideshow creating software.

ProShow Producer Transitions to the Beat

Postby VernonRobinson » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:14 am

I am working with the trial version and I must be a little dense. It seems that ProShow wants you to tell it how long the duration of the transition is instead of how long to project each slide. I guess I have gotten used to the PrEl way of putting down unnumbered markers and adding transitions later. I also see that they have 10 transitions that you can apply by pushing the correct number key at the correct time.

I have tried this a couple of different ways, but I am not happy with my results. I have tried pressing the number key on the transition point, but how long do I hold the button down? Some of the transitions appear hurried because I did not hold the button down long enough for the transition to fully unfold. The best results that I like so far seem to be to press the button before the beat, hold during the beat and release later. However, this requires a bit more guessing. Am I making sense here?

Thanks,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: ProShow Producer Transitions to the Beat

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:31 pm

I don't know if everyone has seen this topic Vernon, I am surprised we dont' have an answer yet :(
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby VernonRobinson » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:18 pm

I understand. I assumed that there were not to many ProShow Producer users out there. I also rationalized that it would basically wind up being trial and error until I figured out a way that works for me.

Thanks Chuck,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:21 pm

I think we have at least a half dozen ProShow users here, but maybe no one has tried that feature yet.
In that case you may need to share with us how it is done :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby VernonRobinson » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:28 pm

Chuck,
Would be glad to do it once I come up with a method that I like. I have found that the keyframing appears to be a little archaic relative to PrEl. ProShow allows key framing of motion for each of the layers independently. Their concept of layers are the equivalent of PrEl tracks. But they have separate layers/keyframes for text. I have gotten used to the timeline metaphor while ProShow seems to be more layer centric.

-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Clayton » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:40 pm

I have producer, but I am a little confused as to some of Vernon's comments. First I am by no means a regular user of producer, but have familarity with it.

VernonRobinson wrote: I also see that they have 10 transitions that you can apply by pushing the correct number key at the correct time.
I don't know of this feature.

Usually when you start a project it defaults to (I believe) 5 sec per slide and 3 sec per transition. The transitions are automatically inserted to start and I think they are cross-disolve (I am at work). You can then change any transition to a vast number of different types and set the length. If you don't want a transition you set it to "0". You can set it for random transitions and you can change the time for the slides. Of course this can be done for all at once or you can copy it to another.

VernonRobinson wrote:The best results that I like so far seem to be to press the button before the beat, hold during the beat and release later.
This sounds like Vernon is trying to sychronize the transitions to the beat of the music (I am not sure). There are ways to do it, but I don't know. I have only made a few simple shows for the Grandkids. If no one esle speaks up and enlightens you or (confuses you more as I may have done), you might inquire at the proshowenthusiasts forum. 8-[
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:42 pm

you might inquire at the proshowenthusiasts forum. 8-[

Here is the link http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:47 pm

And here is a good topic to start with Vernon :)
http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/viewt ... music+beat

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby VernonRobinson » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:33 pm

Chuck/Clay,
Thanks for the suggestions. I am trying to synchronize the slides to the beat. The post that you provided Chuck seems to summarize my experience with ProShow. This feature needs to be revisited. While it is a feature, it is not well implemented. Other users are having trouble with the implementation. It works as advertised, but after using PrEl, it makes that feature too difficult.

Thanks. I will keep trying.

-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to ProShow Series Software