They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

ProShow 5 Interface

Standard, Gold & Producer. Talk with our experts about this great slideshow creating software.

ProShow 5 Interface

Postby VernonRobinson » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:11 pm

For previous ProShow users, the most jarring thing is the change in the interface. There has been quite a bit of discussion on this item during development and testing. You have to give Photodex credit, they did make a lot of the suggested changes and yet held their ground when they thought the change would pull away from the overall design direction of the product. Jennifer Clark, who has done tutorial work for her company and Photodex has put together a small series of video tutorials to help ProShow users make the migration. Photodex has also made some videos to help the users make this transition. So I recommend you fire up Version 5 and look at these videos. The videos are avaiable for free. They will help you make the transition a lot quicker.

-Vernon

Jennifer Clark aka VidQueen:
http://www.screencast.com/t/0ij6cu5J5A

Photodex:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a05DjS57yOc&feature=relmfu[/youtube]
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: ProShow 5 Interface

Postby momoffduty » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:48 pm

Thanks Vernon for posting this. I've always wondered what the ProShow interface looked like. Looks confusing. :-8
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby VernonRobinson » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:15 am

You use AfterEffects and you call this confusing :lol: ? I would like to think of it as "lack of familiarity". The new interface is probably a bit more intuitive than the original. But Photodex has exposed a lot of the power of the program so that you do not have to dig through menus to do things. Almost everything is an icon or right mouse click away. Having used both ProShow and PrEl, there is no comparison when making a slide show. PrEl makes the keyframing easier. The addition of slide styles makes adding visual effects a lot easier. However, their handling of video suffers in regards to PrEl. So in my estimation, there is room for both in the toolbox.

Photodex offers a free trial. It is not time limited, but it does put an annoying banner on the output that is removed once you purchase a license. It would be awesome to see what could be done when ProShow is used by a creative person like yourself.

Regards,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:45 am

The keyframing would be a big adjustment. I like seeing all of the keyframes. There are many videos on Vimeo using ProSho with a nice display quality. Robino has made some very good slideshows. No ProSho using here, my brain can't hold much more. :pull:
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Jayell » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:10 pm

VernonRobinson wrote:You use AfterEffects and you call this confusing :lol: ? -Vernon

=D>
HP Envy Desktop 795-0040xt / Win 10 Home/ Intel Core i7-8700 / 32GB memory / NVidia GeForce GTS 1060 3G
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby VernonRobinson » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:18 pm

I misspoke in an earlier post, where I said that PrEl makes keyframing easier. Actually, I meant to say ProShow. However, i do understand that the overloaded feeling that happens when there is so much out there and so little time to master it.

Love your shows. I have AfterEffects CS4, but have not had time to look at it. So much power and so little time.....

-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:21 pm

Jayell, AE isn't confusing. It was the first year though :lol:

Vernon, yes software overload is well stated. And you are right about learning the interface is half the battle. I still remember when I opened up PrEl for the first time and thinking Wow and Huh. :mrgreen: All thumbs for months trying to remember where all the tools where and what drop down for what.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Return to ProShow Series Software