They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Menu reproduction problem

Standard, Gold & Producer. Talk with our experts about this great slideshow creating software.

Menu reproduction problem

Postby Walter Seaton » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:17 pm

I have very recently updated to Photodex Producer 7 from my previous 4.
I have standardised my shows to open with a three lines Menu: 1. Title; 2 “A Walter Seaton Production”; 3 “Press PLAY to Start”. All fonts are Arial, but when I burn the DVD and play it on a TV one of the three lines (and this can vary – I don’t know the cause) changes from Arial to hollow letters similar to ST. Allstar (see attachment). At first these “hollow” letters also had a double highlight (yellow and red) but when I changed the highlights on the “Thumbnails” screen to white the colours disappeared from the letters, but did not change the fonts back to Arial. “Navigation” seems to have something to do with this, but I don’t know what. If there were a way of switching off “Navigation” I would do it because I never use it. One more item of information. When I put the DVD in my PC's DVD player, all letters are Arial (no hollow ones).

I will appreciated any help I can get with this strange behavior.

Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3.70 gigahertz Intel 6-Core i7-8700K; Windows10PRO 64 bit; Board: ROG STRIX Z370-G ; 16MB RAM; Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050Ti ; 2 ViewSonic VP2365 Monitors; 2 internal SSDs 1TB each; 3 HDs: 2x2TB and 1x3TB; Camera Panasonic PV-DV953D; Sound Files .wav.
Walter Seaton
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Menu reproduction problem

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:11 pm

If the problem only appears when you play the disc in your DVD player but not when you play it on your computer, then the problem could be with the way the DVD player is reading the data.

Have you tried it on more than one DVD player?

Computers can played home-burned DVDs much more effectively than DVD players. So it could also be a faulty burn or bad disc.

But I'd try the disc in one or two other DVD players first as an experiment.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Peru » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:41 pm

I had a similar problem years ago with Premiere Elements 3.0.2. The problem turned out to be a bad menu template.
Peru

Postby Walter Seaton » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:41 pm

Thank you both. I did try to play the DVDs (in the process of trying to find a solution I burned at least 6, most of which are high quality Verbatim AZO) on two different DVD players working through two different systems (one a reasonably sophisticated home theater, the other a lesser quality player and run-of-the mill TV set) but got the same results on both. If you also experienced similar problems, I may just have to give up!

Thanks again.
3.70 gigahertz Intel 6-Core i7-8700K; Windows10PRO 64 bit; Board: ROG STRIX Z370-G ; 16MB RAM; Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050Ti ; 2 ViewSonic VP2365 Monitors; 2 internal SSDs 1TB each; 3 HDs: 2x2TB and 1x3TB; Camera Panasonic PV-DV953D; Sound Files .wav.
Walter Seaton
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby VernonRobinson » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:59 pm

I know this is an old thread, but here are some of my experiences with ProShow. The menuing system is very weak. I found that I use ProShow to create the content and then send it over to Premiere to create the final menu and output. Second, the more expensive the DVD/Blu-Ray player, the more finicky they seem to be with Sony being the absolute worst. Sometimes I think they adhere so close to the DVD/Blu-Ray specifications, that any inconsistency causes issues. The best fault playing DVD players I have had luck with are some of the cheapest ones you can buy. They play almost everything. However, good media is important and you already know that. Finally, the support team at PhotoDex are top notch. If you still have your problem, I would give them a call. You will reach a real person, located in Austin Tx and they really know the product.

Good luck,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to ProShow Series Software