They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

I feel a bit..

Talk about computer software/hardware problems, related to digital video or otherwise.

I feel a bit..

Postby BuddyB » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:09 am

..stupid not having resolved this issue without asking for help because it is going to be a simple correction. I just haven't found it yet. I can tell you I will never buy a motherboard with a built in VIA sound card. It worked fine with Win7/64. Well I jumped on the Win10/64 bandwagon and voila there was no driver for it. I installed Win10 when first offered so you can tell I've been fooling with it for a while..without success I might add. There have been several downloads with promised working drivers..ha ha, and shame on me none worked. Well, I finally bit the bullet and bought a Sound Blaster. It woiks.

However, my problem is that It gives me reverb like a speaker is too close to an open mike or something and I haven't located the issue resolution. The driver is set to "What you hear" for recording, nothing else is open and I've disabled all the VIA drivers. For playback it is set to "Audigy 5 RX" speakers. No mike is turned on. Bottom line, does anyone have a clue of what I may be overlooking?

Sony, of course, has gone in a different direction, sold Vegas, Sound Forge and the like to Magix. Several days with a post and 0 responses. At this point I'm not sure I will stay with Vegas; does not appear to be a particularly helpful venture. Xara is pretty good but there's no place like Muvipix. :ha: Thanks.
"Wichitaito-Everything is Everything"
ASUS M4A88T-M mb-AthlonII X 3 455 1.5 Cache-8GB DDR3-1600-PC3-12800(2X4GB Dual Channel)-1TB SATA3 6gb/sec 7200rpm(64MB Cache) Win10 64Bit-Sony Movie Studio Suite 13-XaraX photo/Art/Web Adobe Cloud.
BuddyB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: I feel a bit..

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:16 am

I had purchased the SoundBlaster for my laptop because it did not have "What you hear" for recording. It's an external little box and came with gobs of software. I'm sure yours came with lots of software also. One of those software programs should let your adjust sound parameters to your hearts content. However, mine worked out of the box and I have been very happy with it.
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby BuddyB » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:18 am

Thanks TTR. I'll open that up and see what gives.
ASUS M4A88T-M mb-AthlonII X 3 455 1.5 Cache-8GB DDR3-1600-PC3-12800(2X4GB Dual Channel)-1TB SATA3 6gb/sec 7200rpm(64MB Cache) Win10 64Bit-Sony Movie Studio Suite 13-XaraX photo/Art/Web Adobe Cloud.
BuddyB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bob » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:44 pm

Which Sound Blaster did you buy?

I've heard of this problem with older cards and with older drivers. I'm assuming you bought a new current model though. Did you check that your drivers are the latest available?

A couple of things you can check. 1) Windows has a feature that allows you to add effects to the audio playback. Right-click on the volume control icon in your Windows task bar and select "Playback Devices." Right-click on your default playback device (the one with the green check mark) and select Properties. Choose the Enhancements tab. If the Environment checkbox is checked, uncheck it. 2) Sound Blaster can also apply Environmental effects. See if you have an "EAX" tab or control panel. Open that and set the environment effects to none.

Good luck.
Bob

Postby BuddyB » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:51 pm

The Audigy 5/RX. Whend I followed your instructions to the "T" there was nothing but Advanced, general, tone and Level. In the Advanced I unchecked "Enhancement" and that didn't change anything. Bob, I did find, in one of the Creative apps, that the mike was open; closed it issue resolved. There seems to be several areas that need to be worked with when going between recording and playback.
BuddyB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Computer Issues