They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

SDHC

Talk about computer software/hardware problems, related to digital video or otherwise.

SDHC

Postby BuddyB » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:57 am

I bought one by accident, and I can't get it to work in my card reader. I have USB 2.0, so I'm scratching my head and wondering what has to happen for it to work. Your thoughts always appreciated. Thanks.
"Wichitaito-Everything is Everything"
ASUS M4A88T-M mb-AthlonII X 3 455 1.5 Cache-8GB DDR3-1600-PC3-12800(2X4GB Dual Channel)-1TB SATA3 6gb/sec 7200rpm(64MB Cache) Win10 64Bit-Sony Movie Studio Suite 13-XaraX photo/Art/Web Adobe Cloud.
BuddyB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: SDHC

Postby Peru » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:17 am

Some SD card readers are not compatible with SDHC. Some can be made to work with a driver update.

If XP, this may help:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=17175
Peru

Postby BuddyB » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:30 am

Thanks Peru that's probably the answer. I'm running 7/64, the reader is older, but works in my machine; don't remember the brand; not on the face and it's been installed for a little over a year..was older even then. I will probably have to replace it, but you've given me the thought process when I purchase. :)
ASUS M4A88T-M mb-AthlonII X 3 455 1.5 Cache-8GB DDR3-1600-PC3-12800(2X4GB Dual Channel)-1TB SATA3 6gb/sec 7200rpm(64MB Cache) Win10 64Bit-Sony Movie Studio Suite 13-XaraX photo/Art/Web Adobe Cloud.
BuddyB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bob » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:01 pm

You have Windows 7, you don't need a driver, it's already included in the OS. Windows XP and Vista did not originally contain the required driver but it was added through a subsequent service pack. Likewise, it's not an issue with USB.

It sounds more like you may possibly have an older card reader that might not support SDHC. The older card readers designed for standard SD cards did not support the newer higher capacity SDHC cards. Newer card readers that support SDHC also support the older standard SD cards. Maybe it's time for a new reader. Do you have other SDHC cards that you use with the reader? One other consideration is that if the device you are going to be using the card in is older, it may not support SDHC cards either. In which case, return the card and get a standard SD card.
Bob

Postby BuddyB » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:31 am

It's hard to tell about the computer. I suppose I could go to ASUS chat and probably find that out as I haven't the foggiest. I've had the system a little over a year, and we all know that by the time we purchase they've probably been in the warehouse a year or two. I definitely know that the reader is several years old, so that is at least the logical issue. Because it is Win 7/64 my guess is that it will handle it (More than likely), however I've been wrong a few times in my life. :) Thanks for the input Bob.
BuddyB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Computer Issues