They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

True API windows framework

Talk about computer software/hardware problems, related to digital video or otherwise.

True API windows framework

Postby ridon127 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:38 pm

Everytime i try to log into one of my accounts, this TrueAPI Windows Framework thing pops up. How can i get rid of it. i can't find it anywhere on my computer. it is driving me insane..
Thanks for your help.
Go out and make it a great day. The choice is yours!
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: True API windows framework

Postby Bob » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:13 am

Windows 7 has built-in support for biometric devices. That sounds like it may be related. Do you have a fingerprint reader on your computer or some application that uses biometrics?

What does the popup say?
Bob

Postby ridon127 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:15 pm

I don't have a fingerprint readeer on this computer or know of any thing related to the pop up.

doc.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bob » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:51 pm

That's the biometric device support that I was talking about. It's odd that the website is trying to use it. Let's look at whether the service is active on your computer. Normally, that will not be running if you don't have a reader.

Click the Windows Start button, then choose Control Panel>System and Security>Administrative Tools. Locate the "services" shortcut and double click to launch.
AdminTools.jpg

Scroll down the list of services until you find the "Windows Biometric Service"
services.jpg

If the status doesn't say "started" and the startup type is manual like the entry on my computer screenshot, you're fine. If it says "started", try stopping it. If it says automatic instead of manual you can right click on the entry, select "properties", and change it to manual or disabled. You might want to try setting it to "disabled' anyway.

If disabling the service doesn't stop the popup, there's not much you can do on your end. Some application on the web page wants to use the service. If there is a support contact, you might ask them what's up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob

Postby ridon127 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:25 am

Thanks Bob.. i did every thing and it still pops up. I guess i will have to deal with it.. :)
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Computer Issues