It's here! Yet another Muvipix.com Guide by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 12!

Not quite sure what our site has to offer?
Check out the
Muvipix Video Tour (new)

copy a section of my DVD creation

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.
  • Site Support (Registered users do not see Ads)

copy a section of my DVD creation

Postby k2np » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:13 pm

Hello:

I have created several DVDs. They are digital copies of VHS. I had broken them up into chapters so you did not have to search the whole "tape" to find what you wanted to watch.

Now here is my question. when I created the DVDs (premeire V3 and V4) I did not make any back-ups. Now I want to copy certain "chapters" from the DVDs and make a new one of the copied chapters. How do I go about doing this in Permiere 4? Can it be done or am I hosed? My goal is to create a DVD of all the things we did with my Aunt/Uncle over the years.

Ken
k2np
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Site Support (Registered users do not see Ads)

Re: copy a section of my DVD creation

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:51 pm

Although there are a number of ways to use DVD footage in a new editing project, I recommend converting it to DV-AVIs before you use it to compose a new Premiere Elements project. You can do this with the free video converter Prism. Here's how:
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/415317?tstart=0

Once you convert the files to DV-AVIs, they should edit effortlessly -- and you can even output this new composition as a fresh, new DVD!
3.2 ghz i5 quad core running Windows 7 64-bit with 8 gigs RAM; three internal 500 gig SATA drives. Also iMac 2.6 ghz dual-core, 4 gigs of RAM, running OSX Mavericks and Boot Camp Windows 8.1 64-bit.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Prior Versions