They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Thanks Muvipix

Tell us what you think. Talk about your experiences with muvipix.com here. Our goal is to be one of the best communities on the net and we think that your feedback is probably the most crucial aspect in achieving that goal !

Re: Thanks Muvipix

Postby Francesco Carzedda » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:38 am

Sharing is life for me, actually !
I chose to live in my 70 inhabitants village and I am part of many groups with many members all around the world :eek: !
Of course it is the Net that gives us the opportunity of sharing, but, as you wrote above... every community does it its own way.
And now English is really my Esperanto !
During all the years of lessons I felt I lacked thinking in English, now sometimes I find difficult to switch to Italian :-8
Thanks to all of you artists and friends !
Francesco Carzedda
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby _Paz_ » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:09 pm

Sharing is life for me, actually !

It is marvelous, isn't it? When I was a child I used to dream of getting out of my small town, seeing the world and meeting people from all over. Never happened - except the meeting people from all over via the internet. I really love it.

I had to look up Esperanto, Francesco. I'm familiar with the term "lingua franca", but Esperanto is a new term for me. Always something new to learn!

For me, as an armchair traveler, Italy appears to be one of the most enchanting countries and that it would be a magnificent place to live. Of course books and moves glorify Italy, Provence and the Greek Isles and I'm sure influence the opinions of us all and perpetuate them as ideal. Sometimes I have to remember that my own local geographical area might be thought of as pleasant if anyone had a mind to write about it. That thought was reinforced when I recently re-read A Year in Provence and was reminded of how cold it gets there and about the Mistral. No place is perfect. Well, maybe Hawaii. But I've known people who lived there and left it for various reasons. Boredom being among them. Hard to imagine, but perhaps our troubles add interest to life and we would miss them if they went away.

Interesting to hear that you find yourself thinking in English. I took a couple of language courses in school but was never fluent enough to get that far.
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Francesco Carzedda » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:50 pm

Ciao Paz,
in fact lessons don't help thinking in a foreign language, the key is immersion.

I never trust translations, they are always interpretations, as communication is made of sounds, printed letters design. I didn't understand the magic of Marcel Proust just reading it: too slow, too repetitive, too high-level educated.
But once I was absent-minded and I just gazed at the (printed, Gutenberghian) page: it was a picture, a kaleidoscope of words around the name of a woman (I don't remember if Odette or Albertine): and they sounded, tinging. Which translation could render that sound? Another book from another Marcel Proust ...

Italy is rich in art, is genial, is... stop me please :-)
I am terribly proud even if our rulers are... stop me please :(
As Sardinia, my island, it's: unique...
Greece now has a very different atmosphere: more Balcanic than mediterranean.

Immersion is the key to love Italy too... the good and the bad (unfortunately, the second is not optional :( , something doesn't work ... )

Please, wish us good luck, all our spiritual strength is needed to pass this moment od unemployment, crisis, taxes always increasing...
Francesco Carzedda
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Francesco Carzedda » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:24 pm

... because I went off topic, I would like to share a video that very clearly explains the differences between American and Italian (Neorealism) cinema of the same age:

I hope you may like :-)
Francesco Carzedda
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:42 pm

Very nice find, Francesco!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Previous