They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

FCE and PSE slideshows

For our MAC users, questions about the various Video Editing software products.

FCE and PSE slideshows

Postby nascar » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:17 pm

I am considering purchasing am iMAC after years of wrestling with PE and Microsoft issues (ie virus software compatibility, system freezes etc).

Can slideshows created in PSE (yes I would get the MAC version) be exported to FCE? Is the process straightforward or are there mutiple steps and software involved?

thanks.
nascar
New User
New User

Re: FCE and PSE slideshows

Postby Briantho » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:52 am

I don't know the answer but I'd suggest you go to http://discussions.apple.com/forum.jspa?forumID=936 and ask there. It's a very down-to-earth forum (not having quite the same quantity of friendly, supportive chat you find here) but, like here, they know their stuff.

FCE continues to amaze me with it's power and stability. Yesterday I needed to cut and paste masses of individual clips and titles from various projects to another. Is that at last possible in PE8? It's SO easy in FCE!

If you do go the FCE route then give over a couple of hours to the free http://www.izzyvideo.com/learn-final-cut-express/ - it's brilliant.
24" iMac. 17" MBP. FCPX and a little bit of Premiere Pro. Nine recent Panasonic HD camcorders. Many (but never enough) terabytes of external storage...
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Briantho » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:54 am

Oh, by the way, for Photoshop (and all my other Windows software that I invested in over the years) I use VMWare Fusion on my iMac. It's just another 'feature' that makes the switch so easy.
24" iMac. 17" MBP. FCPX and a little bit of Premiere Pro. Nine recent Panasonic HD camcorders. Many (but never enough) terabytes of external storage...
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:17 am

A lot depends on what you mean by "exported to FCE," too.

You can certainly output any video from Premiere Elements as a Quicktime/MOV file and import that video into iMovie or Final Cut.

But you can't open a Premiere Elements project file in iMovie or Final Cut, if that's what you're asking.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:09 am

Steve, Do you know what the MAC Photoshop Elements Slideshow Creator exports files as?
You can do a Send to Premiere Elements but what other options are there on the MAC version that would work with FCE?
The original question was for the Photoshop Elements MAC version Slideshow Creator, not anything about Premiere Elements ;)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby nascar » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:31 am

Chuck stated my question more eloquently than I did. That is exactly what I am trying to answer.

Thanks for all the replies as they are helpful.
nascar
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:01 pm

The Photoshop Elements slideshow creator -- that one that exports to Premiere Elements -- is actually a part of the Organizer. And as far as I can see, the Mac version of Photoshop Elements uses a version of Bridge, not the Organizer, as its file manager.

In other words, I don't think you can export a slideshow from Photoshop Elements to Final Cut.

FWIW, the iPhoto/iMovie/iLife bundle, though, very much has a workflow from photos to slideshow to video though.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Barb O » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:25 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:The Photoshop Elements slideshow creator -- that one that exports to Premiere Elements -- is actually a part of the Organizer. And as far as I can see, the Mac version of Photoshop Elements uses a version of Bridge, not the Organizer, as its file manager.

In other words, I don't think you can export a slideshow from Photoshop Elements to Final Cut.

FWIW, the iPhoto/iMovie/iLife bundle, though, very much has a workflow from photos to slideshow to video though.

Steve,
that is basically what I expected.

I did some additional research which confirmed that the Mac version of Photoshop Elements does NOT have the slide show editor of the Windows Photoshop Elements. The Mac version has only a very basic PDF output slide show. So I don't see any realistic potential for a Mac PSE to FCE workflow.
Last edited by Barb O on Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: add confirmation based on additional research
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to MAC