They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

I just got my copy

For our MAC users, questions about the various Video Editing software products.

I just got my copy

Postby Dee Dee Warren » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:17 pm

Amazon Prime is having a one month free trial so I have taken advantage of the free two-day shipping and I have my copy of Final Cut Express. I hope to install it over the weekend.

Are there any other Final Cut Express users here?
Dee Dee Warren

Postby Dee Dee Warren » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:24 am

I guess I am the lone Mac-chick here. :cry:

Well I have installed it and some of the interface is very similar to Premiere Elements, some is pretty confusing. Since I fear change, I don't like it so far :lol: But get with me after I get used to it. I guess I need to buy a few books on it. I installed Premiere Elements 3 now in my virtualized Windows machine.

(oh and one thing already I don't like though - you can't import mpeg files or VOB files)
Dee Dee Warren

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:14 am

Like most any other editing software it is necessary to do some conversions at times. MPEG4 should work and you can convert MPEG2 to MPEG4 with a variety of software, and you can maybe use your camcorder as a pass through device to capture a DVD (instead of importing the VOB file).

The owner of our company uses Final Cut Pro, he has a Canopus digital converter to use for analog. The capture is still the same as Premiere Elements, DV over Firewire.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Dee Dee Warren » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:18 am

MPEG4 does not work from what I can tell when importing a file - meaning I have a video file saved in a folder and want to use it. It needs to be in .mov or .avi or some other formats I am not familiar with. I am not a happy camper about that. Fortunately I had already bought a program called visualhub for Mac that did the conversion for me. I think I may try to find a DVD ripper that will do it in one step, I am using Mac the Ripper right now (I just love that name!)
Dee Dee Warren

Return to MAC