They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

SOS! Can't Access the iTunes Store...

When music makes the video, discuss and recommend soundtracks for specific themes/subjects.

SOS! Can't Access the iTunes Store...

Postby George Tyndall » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:08 pm

...for 2 days now...with either my XP or my Win7 machine.

Can sign in but the store appears for only a split second then vanishes without a trace.

Acts like a pop-up that is being blocked!

Need to adjust a setting in NIS?

#-o

:?:
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: SOS! Can't Access the iTunes Store...

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:54 am

Which antivirus and firewall software are you using, George?

It could also be a corrupted iTunes file. You can uninstall it and reinstall it and it won't lose your library.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: SOS! Can't Access the iTunes Store...

Postby George Tyndall » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:43 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:Which antivirus and firewall software are you using, George?

It could also be a corrupted iTunes file. You can uninstall it and reinstall it and it won't lose your library.

As I said, NIS (Norton Internet Security), Steve.

I am intentionally using an older version of iTunes because it allows me to convert downloads directly to WAV files (no need to burn a CD then reimport the file). I'm aware that the result is the loss of some other features that I don't use, but i never imagined that using an older version could also prevent me from accessing the store.

Anyway, I updated iTunes to the lastest version on my XP machine, which also had the older version (9.0.2.25), and that does allow me acces to the store. Unfortunately, my Playlists, which I spent many hours building, are kaput.

Solution: I will use the XP machine for purchasing downloads but then transfer the files to this Win7 machine, which I now use for all my editing, without updating the software.

:tx:
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Music ~~ & Video