They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Music Challenge - Bar Mitzvah Rock - Ed, Steve, Sidd need U

When music makes the video, discuss and recommend soundtracks for specific themes/subjects.

Postby ed » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:06 am

If I was going to chose a Beatles song for drums it would be "Rain". The drum solo at the end of "Aja" by Steely Dan is great. However, if I was to choose a drummer for someone that likes rock and plays drums I'd pick something from Dream Theatre; maybe "Erotomania" or a mash of several different ones.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:46 am

There are a variety of programs that allow the user to make a mash up. Sony’s Acid is a great choice. You can also use Adobe Audition (pricey) or, purchase an old version of software like Cool Edit Pro which is the pre-cursor to Audition.

If you want to use pre-recorded music (Copyright issues are a whole separate thread), then the hardest part is that you choose songs that are in the same key.

If you have perfect pitch it is easy. But like most of us finding out what key the music is in would require some Google time or finding the sheet music to see what key it is in.

Karaoke music works well to layer the music because you laying vocals over it and it is a bit easier to work with. Drums are not typically in any key so adding a cool Led Zeppelin drum beat (when the levey breaks) to any music with out drums would be easy. In fact I have that drum clip if you want it.

The process is very similar to having multiple video tracks on multiple time lines. If you can see the audio file it is just a matter of moving the clips into the right place. You are such a master of multiple timelines for video, I would expect that this is a skill that would come very easy to you.

Sidd
sidd finch

Previous

Return to Music ~~ & Video