They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Overlays for Wedding slideshow

When music makes the video, discuss and recommend soundtracks for specific themes/subjects.

Overlays for Wedding slideshow

Postby ryan_khoo » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:22 am

Hi there,

A friend of mine is getting married. He gave me stacks of photos of him & photos of his wife-to-be.

I did a slideshow for his mostly consist of panning here & there ... & I gather it is kinda of boring ...

Any suggestion of where I can purchase some Wedding Overlays, matte or wedding fonts to spice up the slideshow would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Overlays for Wedding slideshow

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:27 am

Have you checked out our Wedding backgrounds Ryan?
They add a real nice touch to the slideshows and there are tons of other things too.

You probably already have tons of nice fonts on your computer, check them out in Photoshop Elements and try some.

I like to use a pan, zoom or both on almost every image. Don't need much movement, just a little on most of them. Also, the music is the biggest key to any slideshow, be sure to choose good music that fits the story you are trying to tell.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ryan_khoo » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:18 pm

Chuck Engels wrote:Have you checked out our Wedding backgrounds Ryan?
They add a real nice touch to the slideshows and there are tons of other things too.

You probably already have tons of nice fonts on your computer, check them out in Photoshop Elements and try some.

I like to use a pan, zoom or both on almost every image. Don't need much movement, just a little on most of them. Also, the music is the biggest key to any slideshow, be sure to choose good music that fits the story you are trying to tell.

Yes Chuck, I have downloaded some of the Wedding Background.

But I need some weddings overlay, to superimpose onto existing photos ... where can I get those wedding overlays ?

Thanks
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:52 pm

Not exactly sure what you are looking for, do you have an example or a link?
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Peru » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:58 pm

Try googling "scrapbooking" for websites that have a lot of that stuff free.
Peru

Postby ryan_khoo » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:52 am

Peru wrote:Try googling "scrapbooking" for websites that have a lot of that stuff free.

Thanks but not something I am looking for ...
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby ryan_khoo » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:54 am

Chuck Engels wrote:Not exactly sure what you are looking for, do you have an example or a link?

Okay Chuck, something like this (but at a cheaper price ?):
http://www.animationsforvideo.com/html/ ... s_hd_2.htm

I am looking for the overlay video clip

Thanks
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:55 am

Ahh, now I understand. I'll check around and see what I can find.
Is there one of our backgrounds that you would like to have turned into an overlay like that?
It's pretty easy with After Effects.

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby momoffduty » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:41 pm

Found these free photo frames:
http://www.free-photo-frames.com/index_2.html

On the frames, could animate a light sweep or lens flare. Could do this in its own sequence and bring that into the main sequence on Track 2 with the photos on Track 1 w/cross dissolves.

There are free flouishes & ornaments, just google. You would have to animate these yourself.

For a lower third: Track matte a motion background thru a rectangle the size of the lower third. In PSE, give the rectangle a gradient.

Cut out a few photos in PS with the rectangle or oval marquee with a feather. Place those photos above a motion background.

Make a photo page in PS with 2 or 3 photos and scripty type & flourishes or flowers. Animate in PrPro by zooming into each photo.

Make a photo page using the brides bouquet with an image effect like gaussian blur and use as a background with photos animating.

Take a photo of the couple & make a second one with only the flowers in color. The color one appears & a snap shot effect to the second image effect photo. To keep things moving, animate the color photo and copy & paste those keframes onto the 2nd photo. There are the same length on top of each other. Then shorten the 2nd photo. The keyframes will matchup.

My preference is not to add anything to the Ceremony part of the slideshow, only pans & zooms with slow dissolves or gradient wipes. For the getting ready photos maybe a little extra effects. The reception is usually the creative extra things, fun stuff.

Sorry, got carried away with ideas.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Return to Music ~~ & Video