They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

text to speech

When music makes the video, discuss and recommend soundtracks for specific themes/subjects.

text to speech

Postby Ted Pietrzyk » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:40 pm

I made some video and want to ad narration. I can write a text of this narration, but my ,very bad English holding me ,from recording narration by my self.
I hear , there is some software ,which can convert and save in mp3 or other audio file, written text. Can somebody give to me more information?
Ted Pietrzyk
New User
New User

Re: text to speech

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:51 pm

Most of the text to speech software works pretty well these days. In most cases you start by repeating a bunch of words and making sure the software interprets them correctly. This can take a lot of time as you might guess, once it is finished though the software can be about 90% accurate, sometimes more. Which also means that it isn't perfect and you may still have to make corrections.

Windows XP is already capable of doing TTS, here is how
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306902
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: text to speech

Postby RJ Johnston » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:39 am

I've purchased several voices from NextUp.com. Also check out their TextAloud application.

http://www.nextup.com/
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Music ~~ & Video