They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

the good life song, was in apple picking video...

When music makes the video, discuss and recommend soundtracks for specific themes/subjects.

the good life song, was in apple picking video...

Postby moviemaker » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:39 am

i loved the apple picking video, and the song that was used is one i want to add to my project right now, i downloaded the song from itunes, but i can't play anywhere but there, pe will not import it, just wondering how you got the song, i can't even rip it in media player from a cd, i tried looking online all day for solutions and codecs, converters and such, but no luck, i really would like the song in my parents anniversary video, and i am working on a short deadline,i can't fiqure out how to get into pe4, by the way it is in m4p format, i wanted mp3, but it didn't come that way, thanks so much....
moviemaker

Re: the good life song, was in apple picking video...

Postby ScrugneysGundogs » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:08 am

iTunes uses their form of copy protection when you download from them. Here is how you fix it, and it is perfectly legal to do so.

Use iTunes to burn a CD with your downloaded song on it. You can use an RW CD if you want, then it can be re-used.
Once you burn it to the CD, rip it back off the CD and save it on your PC as a .WAV or .MP3 file.

It sounds like you don't require any more instructions than that. If you do, post back and I'll elaborate.

p.s. I recommend doing this with ALL songs downloaded from iTunes. You bought & paid for them. iTunes tries to tie them to just the one machine you downloaded them to, and the songs are disabled if the iTunes software gets deleted or you try to use them on another computer. Pretty bogus, if you ask me!
ScrugneysGundogs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby moviemaker » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:57 am

duh!? i was trying this and i was so mad b/c it wasn't working, well i finally looked in my burn settings in itunes, it was set to burn mp3, i needed to set it to audio cd, then rip in media player, i am so mad i wasted so much time on this, i had done this b/f and i couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work, so i basically gave up, but decided to try one more time after reading this post, and after wasting 4 cd, looked at burn settings, i guess that what happens you stay up all night working, can't think straight......

thanks scrugney's, after i read your post it prompted me to check the burn settings.... i am so glad it was such a simple fix!
moviemaker

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:51 pm

For what it's worth, this is one of my helpful hints in "The Muvipix.com Guide to Premiere Elements 7" as well as a listing in this site's FAQ and in the Adobe forum's FAQs.
http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bbe18d3

But, of course, the hardest part about using FAQs is knowing if the answer is even in them!

That's why a good book is always a good idea. :roll:
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Maxine370 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:57 pm

Sorry I didn't see this sooner I could have sent it to you but I would have given you the same advice to burn your itunes sing to a Cd and then rip it back with Windows Media Player.

That's why I buy from Amazon when it's available. One less step.
Happy Editing,

Beth
Maxine370
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:02 pm

That's definitely worth noting, Beth.

Amazon puts virtually no copy protection on their music, so you can load their MP3s directly into Premiere Elements!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:39 am

I buy most of my music from here:-

http://www.gomusic.ru

Again, mostly MP3 and no DRM. For DRM 'management' I use this:

http://tunebite.com/en/audio_video_drm_ ... index.html

:-D
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Bill Hunt » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:45 am

John,

Did you get the recent e-mail from Tunebite? It seems that there are some new schemes coming out, and the old Tunebite will not address them. I have the program, but have never actually used it. I'm still on their registered user's update list though. Just a H/U.

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:45 pm

Hello Hunt (kind of strange to an Englishman (me) to be calling someone by their surname :) )

I received some sort of e-mails from Tunebite a month or three ago and as a result I upgraded to their RS Audials. Happy to report that it still works a treat by helping me 'manage' my DRM material. ;)
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:54 pm

John 'twosheds' McDonald wrote:Hello Hunt (kind of strange to an Englishman (me) to be calling someone by their surname :) )

It is fairly common in the USA depending on what part of the country you are in. If you are in the military it is a way of life #-o
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bill Hunt » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:53 am

John,

It was something that a young lady introduced many years ago. For whatever reason, she began referring to me as "Hunt," and it sorta' stuck. I found that it was also a lot easier to sign my prints with "Hunt," than, say William Anderson Hunt III. Writer's cramp sort of material there. Hey, at least it's a "proper English" surname! Besides, there were two famous (to some) English architects, William Anderson Hunt and William Anderson Hunt III. This cuts down on the confusion. Though they have been long gone for ages...

For what it's worth, I can also be called "Bill" and will not mind a bit.

Thanks for the info on TuneBite. I may just keep the version that I have, until I ever find a need for it. I did set it to NOT load in MSConfig, because it kept appearing as an option for my Audio settings in a lot of Adobe programs. It also set itself up as the default Audio handler in a few other programs, and I did not like that. It's still around, in its older form, but I think I'd have been better of spending the $ (or £) on something else. I got the full "video" version.

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Rockdoc » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:22 pm

Unless you are in military aviation, and then it's by call sign, which is even stranger. There are some who work with my husband whose real names I don't even know - they are just "Tinkles" or "Dawson" or "Gucci" or "Daisy".
Jennifer
Currently the owner of an embarrassingly slow system, hoping that will change!
Rockdoc
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Bill Hunt » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:24 am

Jennifer,

In that case, John can call me "Mavrick!" Inside joke there, on a few different levels, especially as I am from AZ, AND am a Republican...

While I was not a military aviator (unless one counts Red Baron and A-10 flight simulators), I do recall the nicknames from earlier days with HAM radio and its offshoots.

I used to be the "Bulldog," but there were many, with tons of variations. Back in those pre-Internet days, I posted to alt.food.wine under that nym. There were other "Bulldogs," and some posted to some rather unsavory news groups. About the 10th time that there was confusion, I gave up that handle. Still, I know many winos from those days as "Da Bep," "TomS," and "Midlife." Ran into Midlife on the Chowhound forums recently and we had an "old home week."

It is interesting (to me at least), how folk identify themselves, especially on the Internet. Gotta' be a social anthropology thesis there some place.

For the last decade, I have been just plain old "Bill Hunt," with the "Hunt" at the end of my posts on wine boards, Adobe boards and almost all others. "The Bulldog," is now history, at least where I am concerned. Now, my two puppies take offense with that, but they'll get over it.

Sorry to get so off-topic here. How about that "apple pickin' song?" [Just had to add that, so that the "real" MODs don't kick me off the board!]

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Music ~~ & Video