They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Fall songs

When music makes the video, discuss and recommend soundtracks for specific themes/subjects.

Fall songs

Postby ridon127 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:17 pm

I have racked my brain and googled every term I coould thing of to come up with a song about fall festivals...I have got my plan laid for my school yearbook. I am going to do the major events we had and then go into indiviual classrooms. I figured I would combine our fall festival and Thanksgiving feast as one event. I am trying to find an appropriate song which seems to be impossibe. I started with the donors etc and then opened it with the White Stripes song, We're gonna be friends then follow with the fall stuff...
Thanks for your help
donna :-D
Go out and make it a great day. The choice is yours!
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Fall songs

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:16 am

First thought: Johnny Mercer's "Autumn Leaves"

Depends on what kind of tone you're going for though. I can't imagine following Jack White with Johnny Mercer!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Ted » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:48 am

Hmm, my first thought was "Turn, Turn, Turn" by the Byrds...

(Seasons...autumn... I may be the only one seeing this connection! LOL) :)
"Satan trembles when he sees
the weakest saint on his knees."
Ted
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby cdeemer » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:17 pm

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/390634/top_ten_fall_inspiring_songs.html claims to have the top ten songs about fall.

http://www.ugo.com/channels/music/features/top11/songsaboutautumn/ claims to have the top eleven songs about autumn.

How about Scarborough Fair? Autumn Serenade?
Editor, Oregon Literary Review
Artistic Director, Small Screen Video
cdeemer
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby ridon127 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:42 pm

Thanks for the suggestions.. I am not really sure what I want...I want to do a yearbook that involves activities that the whole school participated in.. We had a fall festival, snow day, rodeo, water day and the last day is toy wash day outside. I think I have the songs I want to use for those except the fall activities..I think I want something fun and not too slow--for lack of a better word... Then I will do the individual classrooms. The lady that has always done it was a stay at home mom and spent a lot of time on it.. I don't have to rush to have it finished but I would like to get it completed before the end of September... She did a really good job and the parents thoroughly enjoyed it.. It was more like a slideshow with stills and video.. The stills didn't have any movement to them so I do think that alone will make it good. I just want to do something different but want them to like it.. The motion backgrounds will be an added bonus and there are too many to choose from.. I have selected several but then I find one I like even better...Choices are hard....but I love 'em..

Any help and suggestions wanted and appreciated....
Thank you
Donna :-D
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bob » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:11 pm

You know, there aren't a lot of Fall specific songs. I'd recommend just finding something fun and upbeat and not worry about it. What are some of the age specific songs that the school kids like? Any of those appropriate?
Bob

Postby momoffduty » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:50 pm

Donna, you are on the right track and don't worry. Bob had a good suggestion of using age appropriate songs or just some upbeat fun songs. You could do a collage of songs, about 1 min each to keep it interesting. That works with the kid's attention span too. :) For each event, maybe use a graphic or title or switch songs. The rest of the pics w/pan & zoom and a slight rotate here and there. I don't care for too much rotating, makes me seasick.

Hope you post some segments when you finish!
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby ridon127 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:11 pm

Ted wrote:Hmm, my first thought was "Turn, Turn, Turn" by the Byrds...

(Seasons...autumn... I may be the only one seeing this connection! LOL) :)

I got it!!! :-D These are young parents and they probably wouldn't. :lol:

Bob wrote:You know, there aren't a lot of Fall specific songs.

You are right about that... I have googled every term that refers to autumn, fall, etc and not really found anything.

momoffduty wrote:Hope you post some segments when you finish!

I would like to post as I go along. You have done this and I value your opinion. I have finished the donors, sponsors,etc, part and showed it to the director.. She said it was great.. :shock: :-D I fixed all the transitions and it looks so much nicer than the one that is in the gallery.

Hopefully I will have the intro done soon.. I might use School Days by Chuck Berry?? I am trying to use each child the same number of times... Some of the parents have told me they thought I would be fair and not focus on any certain child..I am really excited about doing it and doing the best I can.. If they don't like, then don't have to buy it...RIght??? :-D :-D :-D

Thanks again so much
Donna
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby momoffduty » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:28 pm

Trying to use the same number of pics for each child may be hard. With 16 on the tennis team, I started by sorting 7 pics per person and did the same with video clips. Then added group shots here and there. It did end up being a fair representation, but with the random group shots there were some girls in the video more than others. With a 17 min video could not really tell. In the letter that went out with the 2 set DVD (one was straight video), I mentioned that each person had at least 7 pics and 3 clips in the slideshow. The girls turned in pics to me too to use and I also mentioned that some of the girls were camera hams. The other DVD consisted of clips from practice and was fairly even time for each person. No one complained. :) I did run the video by my daughter (my critic) and thought it was an even balance. As long as it is not obvious that you are focusing on a particular child think it will be okay.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Maxine370 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:35 am

Here are some thoughts:

September - Earth Wind And Fire
Changes -David Bowe
Happy Frappy - GUster
The Hoppity SOng - JOhn Ondrasik
HAve a little fun with me - Glen Phillips
All I want to do is play -Ralph's World
Bottle of Sunshine -Milkshake
That's Just the way we roll -JOnas Brothers