They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

scuba Diving

When music makes the video, discuss and recommend soundtracks for specific themes/subjects.

Re: scuba Diving

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:39 pm

I have found that for older music, 70's and earlier, Rhapsody has a better selection that anybody.
I have tried subscriptions to Yahoo Music and Rhapsody, checked for music at iTunes, Amazon and WalMart,
and still find that most times it is available at Rhapsody and many times only at Rhapsody. They are signing exclusive contracts
with some of the recording companies, things should get even more interesting in the future.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby bgsnmky » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:59 pm

Doreen L. wrote:The only thing I do to convert itunes music is to burn a CD. Once it's burned, a list of the songs will show up as a playlist in itunes. Select each song, click on advanced and select convert selection to mp3. I haven't had any problems thus far with any DRM doing it this way.

I burned to a disk and then clicked on advanced. I don't have an option to convert to mp3. I only have a convert to AAC.

Will that work?
Prel 3.0; Photshop ele 5.0; HP Pavilion XP Media Edition; 2GB Ram; 250 GB hard Drive;
bgsnmky
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:37 pm

You may need to rip the song back from the cd to your computer, then convert to MP3 or if iTunes is set up right it will rip it to your computer in MP3 format to begin with.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby bgsnmky » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:22 pm

I found a preference that had to be changed to make this work. I found it in Itunes help.

In Itunes:
Edit/preference/advanced tab
there is a place where you mark to import in MP3 format.

That allowed me to have the option to change to MP3....

Thanks for everyones help.
Prel 3.0; Photshop ele 5.0; HP Pavilion XP Media Edition; 2GB Ram; 250 GB hard Drive;
bgsnmky
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby bgsnmky » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:04 am

Doreen L. wrote:If you were down in the tropics for scuba diving, check out the Carnival Steel Drum version of Under the Sea and some of their other songs on itunes. I used that version for a video/sideshow for our trip to St Thomas last winter. Did exactly what Steve was talking about. Just make sure you keep the music volume low enough to hear the sound of the water, etc.

Ah, St. Thomas. I wish I were there right now. And yeah, the song will be stuck in my head again too. \:D/

I was trying to keep the music at one level and then slightly lower it when the video clips come in. Is there a way to separate the added music from the video clips so they are at different volumes?
Can this be done in photoshop elements slideshow, (maybe just a volume level for the added music.
Can it be done in premier el 3 by breaking out the slideshow.
bgsnmky
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Doreen L. » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:40 am

You can easily raise and lower the music volume using keyframes.

Sorry that I forgot to mention to change the preference in itunes for mp3.
Dell XPS410 Duo Core, 4GB RAM, 2 360 gig hard drives, 1 500 gig external hard drive
http://tworiversailing.com/
Doreen L.
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Previous

Return to Music ~~ & Video