They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

making videos for YouTube, which camera to use please advise

MiniDV, DVD, Hard Drive, 8 mm, High Def, brands, import / capture techniques, settings ... talk about camcorders in here.

making videos for YouTube, which camera to use please advise

Postby MGadAllah » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:33 pm

Hi every one,
Now I am planning to make short videos and upload it to YouTube, 10:15 minutes maximum.
Here is the exact situation:-
I will always and forever shoot or capture indoor and never will be outdoor in my bed room.
It will always be only by myself in the video (just one man show) setting in the front of the camera with 1.5 or 2.5 meters away as a maximum distance.
I've been goggling a lot since a while for such a thing and read a lot about it, and ended up with few things that I do not know if it is right or wrong:-
- DSLR is more sensitive compared to regular camcoders but it is only recording short clips.
- DSLR require more light compared to camcoders.
I've found this model to be the best according to my knowledge is canon 70 D but was confused for which lens should buy for it?
Later on I've realized that there is another type of cameras like Handycam Camcorder and this is a bit expensive like Sony PXW-X70 or Sony NEX-VG20H.
Regarding the audio I've realized that many advised to have audio separated and then sync it with video.
So according to this particular purpose which camera I should have to get professional result in order to attract more audience? I do understand that content is the king but professional audio and video will help a lot for sure.
So please advise for the best cheap option to get a professional video result my friends.
Thanks a lot :)
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: making videos for YouTube, which camera to use please ad

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:06 pm

Great to hear from you again, Mohamed! I hope that you are well.

How much do you want to spend on your camera?

There are many great cameras available for what you want to do. How important is quality?

Flip cameras are no longer made, but the would be ideal for what it sounds like you are doing. There probably are similar cameras and you may be able to find Flips that are still available or used.
http://www.amazon.com/Flip-UltraHD-Vide ... B0040702HA
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:35 pm

I agree about the Flip Camera. EBAY has them at a pretty reasonable price just need to dig a bit to find them. You could also try a decent 1080P webcam that is pretty inexpensive. especially if you are always inside.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby MGadAllah » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:49 pm

Thanks for fast reply my friends. I am doing well :).
My budget for everything is 1000 usd in order to get the best quality as possible for this purpose.
I am already have 2 items of Pentax Optio VS20 with a dedicated charger for each one of them and a remote control as well.
So does it fits to do the job I want to do?
Do I need anything else to be used with it? like a light package or something?
If you are comparing this Pentax to This webcam which one may be better?
I just got an idea to use both cameras in the same time during recording and look here and here from time to time during recording and edit it later on to make like what happened in life shows when director use many angles or sides for the show, so is this possible with the remote control?
Thanks a lot :)

-later edit-
I've sent email before my 1st post in the current thread for the skatronic.com asking about a discount and they said that the may sell the camera mentioned here
https://www.skatronic.com/index.php/pro ... order.html
for 678.75 usd if I paid using Wire Transfer
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:08 am

That is a truly beautiful camera, Mohamed! But it may be more than you need, if we understand what you're looking for.

Do you really plan to shoot most of your video in your room with just you and perhaps one or two other people?
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby MGadAllah » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:16 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:Do you really plan to shoot most of your video in your room with just you and perhaps one or two other people?

Yes, it will always be me by myself and no one else with me.
The videos will be in two forms:-
1st form is a screen casting from the beginning till the end of the video and this kind of a video no need for the camera and just using techsmith camtasia studio software.
2nd form is a combination between screen casting and myself where I will add an intro for me talking in the front of the camera then switch to screen casting. or may have myself as picture in picture during the screen casting in any part of the screen.
3rd form will be only me in the front of the camera all over the video from start to end.
So Yes I will always be in my bed room and no one with me in the closed room with no day light.
Which means that I will need a light package but do not know which light package and which lens.
That is all my friend.
So do I need to get this Sony HXR-NX70U NXCAM or I can use the Pentax I've or I can use the web cam mentioned above?
My point is that I am trying to get as much professional quality s possible but in the same time I do not want to pay for something that I will not use so I am trying my best to get the best option for my exact purpose.
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby MGadAllah » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:09 pm

-later edit-
I've found many models mentioned here:
https://www.skatronic.com/index.php/pro ... l?limit=40
Which camera would be the best option under 1000 usd and do I need to get a lens for it or not. OR I think in a wrong way?
I do not know why this website has such low prices?

Now I've read some more info about available camcoders in this website and found 3 models that are fit my budget but do not know which one to pick if this type of camera is suitable for my needs:
1 - Sony 96GB HXR-NX30 Palm Size NXCAM HD Camcorder with Projector = $ 792
2 - Sony HXR-NX70U NXCAM Compact Camcorder = $ 905
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:21 am

MGadAllah wrote:Now I am planning to make short videos and upload it to YouTube, 10:15 minutes maximum.

If it is solely for YouTube and always for inside use then I would go with an HD capable webcam as Sidd suggested. Much cheaper than US$1,000. :-D
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby MGadAllah » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:28 am

I've got an email from sales telling that they can sell it with discount %25 = $678.75 instead of $905.

John 'twosheds' McDonald wrote:If it is solely for YouTube and always for inside use

Yes it will always be like that.
Then I will go for the C920 I guess :)

But does the quality of the video will be the same when I watch it on YouTube? I mean the one captured with C920 and the one captured with NX70?
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:35 am

Well, as the C920 is so cheap, relative to the cameras that you have been looking at, you can always try it out.

If you are not happy with the results then you can return to considering the more expensive camera options and the C920 will make a very welcome gift for someone :-D

Or, if you can buy it from Amazon and you are not happy with the quality of video produced, you can always return it to Amazon (their returns policy is excellent) and obtain a full refund.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby MGadAllah » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:40 am

My main problem is that I am from EGYPT as you know and I wait till someone be there to order anything from famous websites and ship it to his/her address and bring it to me.
So the return is not a good option for me because it will cost a lot to return it so I am trying to find the best option for the long run from the 1st try and that is really hard and if I used any shipping 3rd party it will charge me about 50-60% of the item cost which will increase the total price and this is why I keep searching for the best.
That is all :)
Do you know any one tried the C920 for YouTube and if its result is good or not?
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby MGadAllah » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:23 am

Ok, It seems that I am going to get the HRX-NX70 but I do not know about the lenses and which one I should buy with the camera because I do not know if lens is required or not.
Here in the website there are too many lenses and I do not know which one fits my needs
https://www.skatronic.com/index.php/lenses.html
So may you help as I feel lost with these lenses, is it required or not and if I want to get a one for the camera for indoor which one I should get?
Thanks
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:33 am

Again, Mohamed, these are amazing, professional lenses that will give you amazing video. Especially if you are shooting outdoors, far from your subject.

But do you really need all of that if all you're doing is shooting in a room indoors? The cheapest, most basic lens available will be more than adequate.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:37 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:...But do you really need all of that if all you're doing is shooting in a room indoors? The cheapest, most basic lens available will be more than adequate.

Especially if YouTube is the distribution medium. An HD webcam should be more than good enough.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby MGadAllah » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:07 am

Thanks for your reply my friends.
Ok I will check the C920 in details.
Something happened and I want to ask for your opinion about it.
Te website http://www.skatronic.com is the one I am planning to buy from and when I check it with scam adviser I've found it highly risk, so is it true?
http://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/skatronic.com
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Next

Return to Camcorders