They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Please recommend which one of these 4 to buy

Talk about anything audio here. From video narration to podcasting, MP3s to MP4s - whatever your flavor, this is the place.

Please recommend which one of these 4 to buy

Postby MGadAllah » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:43 pm

Please recommend which one of these 4 to buy as I want to convert cassettes tapes into MP3.

Please I would like to ask for your advise for which product I can buy to convert my cassettes taps into MP3s.

I've 100's of tapes and really no longer usable to have them on tapes especially that I've many books on tapes and would like to have them into MP3s to listen to them in the car or any where else.

I've explored some options on amazon.com and finally found these 3 products and confused for which one to buy.

So please give me a serious recommendations to do the buy:-

1) TAPE2USB Cassette To PC Recorder

2) Ion Tape2PC USB Cassette Deck

3) Grace Digital GDI-Tape2USB200 USB Tape Player with Built-In Mic Includes PC/MAC Software

4) Plusdeck 2c PC Cassette Deck - Tape to MP3!

Which one of them do you think is better?

Also if there is any other product that can do the job better, please tell me about it.

The main idea is to get something do the job with a very good quality, and to do it on its own as possible as I will not be able to set by the computer all the time to handle everything.

Thanks for your time.
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Please recommend which one of these 4 to buy

Postby Bob » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:25 pm

Do you have a cassette player with audio out plugs? If you, you don't need any of these. All you need is a standard Y connector which you plug into the line in socket on your sound card and the free Audacity software program. And, most of these devices use Audacity, so you are basically buying a player.

Read the reviews, that last device sounds particularly bad.
Bob

Postby MGadAllah » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:49 pm

Actually I've tried to read the reviews but were not able to understand them completely, maybe a matter of my bad English :(

But will the sound quality will be good in your recommended method?
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Bob » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:35 pm

Quality will depend on the analog to digital converter chip in your sound card and the bitrate that you record to mp3. Unless your converter is particularly bad, the bitrate will make the most difference. If you record to 160 kbps variable rate compression or 192 kbps fixed rate compression, it will be very difficult to tell your mp3 from the original. You select the compression when you output the mp3.

Before you buy a "y" connector (usually a 1/8" stereo plug on one end and the round RCA type white (male) and red (male) plugs on the other end), check to make sure that your computer has the 1/8" line-in and the player has the audio out plugs.
Bob

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:16 pm

I have a old JVC Cassette deck, connect that to the Line In on my sound card and record with Audacity (free software).
The quality is great, it works very well, and is quite simple to set up and record. There is no need for a USB cassette deck and it will be more difficult to set up than a standard analog cassette player. I just got a very nice Audio Technica USB turntable. It works best connected to the sound card with an RCA adapter, the USB connection is a lot of work to set up and it really doesn't sound any better.
I assume the same is true with the Cassette players.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby MGadAllah » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:51 am

I've bought the plus deck 2 c since a while
Really amazing and it does all the work on its own.
Thanks a lot and much appreciated.
Really do.
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to Editing / Conversion / Formats