They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

audio gone bad, real bad!

Talk about anything audio here. From video narration to podcasting, MP3s to MP4s - whatever your flavor, this is the place.

audio gone bad, real bad!

Postby camcrew » Mon May 07, 2007 10:14 am

new member needs help with audio taped at a wedding. only audio available to use is from lapel mike on groom. second camera had on-camera mike unlugged. worst case scenario. sound is ok when priest is near couple, but when he walks away, sound becomes unintelligible. i have tried audacity and magix to no avail. if anyone has any ideas i would greatly appreciate it. i can e-mail sample audio clip.
camcrew
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed May 16, 2007 4:05 pm

Sorry you haven't gotten an answer to your post yet.

As a suggestion, maybe if you were to post a audio clip in the gallery someone would hear it and might have an idea for you. Audio is always the most difficult thing to correct after recording, even with the most advanced and expensive tools.

It's always best to have backup cameras rolling and backup microphones recording.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby camcrew » Thu May 17, 2007 8:35 pm

thank you for your reply. i asked the priest to repeat most of what he said that day which he willingly did and i did a surprisingly good job of putting that in with wonderful premiere elements. i worked on some sections with audacity and got some fairly good results. i have about 5 minutes of bad audio left that mostly has a high pitched whistle, like microphone feedback and cannot get it out yet, tried low pass, which worked in a couple of places, but not this one area. noise reduction is not doing it, but i haven't given up yet. hopefully, i can post a sample tomorrow.
camcrew
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri May 18, 2007 9:16 am

I am so happy you got to do it over with the Priest and saved the majority of your video :)

Here is Ken's article on using Audacity to get rid of a alarm sound in his video http://videoinasnap.chuckengels.com/sou ... _11-05.htm

Maybe this will work for your whistle :)

If Audacity doesn't do the trick then posting a sample would be a good idea.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby camcrew » Fri May 18, 2007 9:33 am

thank you, it is really nice to "know" people as yourself who are so willing to help !
camcrew
New User
New User

Postby Ken Jarstad » Fri May 18, 2007 3:52 pm

I tried working on a short piece of this audio. A tough one! The high pitched whistle noise could be notched-out, but getting the notch frequency correct, for starters, is a guessing game. I think you would need a calibrated spectrum analyzer or at least some type of real-time frequency display so you could watch the notch filter as you tune it. I don't know of any low/no-cost tools for doing this. Even Magix Audio Cleaning Lab failed me.
-=Ken Jarstad=-
Linux Kubuntu 20.04, DIY ASRock MB, Ryzen 3 1200 CPU, 16 GB RAM, GT-710 GPU, 250 GB NVMe, edit primarily with Shotcut
Ken Jarstad
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Editing / Conversion / Formats