They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Audio/Video Problems Persisting

Talk about anything audio here. From video narration to podcasting, MP3s to MP4s - whatever your flavor, this is the place.

Audio/Video Problems Persisting

Postby Bouncing Ferret Films » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:09 am

I know this has been answered before, but I'm still having issues.
I shoot live band videos.

I record my audio on my H1 Zoom, It records at 44.1. There is no way that I can tell on how to change this setting on it. It seems to be stuck on that setting.

I shoot on a T3i, and record in 1920X1080 30, audio is 48.0

I edit on Final Cut Studio 3, AKA FCP7.

Now on my FCP Aud Format for the Zoom is 32-bit Floating point and my video is 16-bit integer.

I transcode the footage to Apple ProRess 422, keeping the 29.97 though i do have the option to change the 48 rate to 44.1.

My sequence is 1920X1080 29.97 FPS Apple ProRess 422 48.0 32-bit Floating Point.

The strange thing is I had this problem before when i was filming at 24fps vs the 30. My brother who works with audio suggested the 30fps change in filming and up till now that has worked. So I'm baffled as to why this isn't now.

I had read about an "audio FPS Stamp" that fcp does so I went into my Easy set up and changed my FPS to match what i was working on and that didn't work. I deleted my audio from my computer, got my SD card, reattached it to my computer, re named the files and re downloaded them onto my computer, I then dragged and dropped from the file window to the Browser to import them into FCP, that also did not work.

I'm bringing both video and my separate audio track into the sequence, grab a frame to sync everything, namely something noticeable. Like a snare or a word in the lyrics. I check it by playing the video and everything is in sync. I go to the end of the clip and it is WAY out of sync.

I hope this has given you enough information, if you have any questions for me please let me know... outside of that... HOW DO I MAKE IT STOP!... or more START syncing up.

Thanks.
Bouncing Ferret Films
New User
New User

Re: Audio/Video Problems Persisting

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:09 am

Please don't post this same question several times to our forums, BFF. It makes it very hard to respond and follow up on other responses.

I've responded to this question in another thread -- and I deleted yet another with the same question.

Our people do look at and respond to every question posted, unless we're entirely clueless. ;)
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Editing / Conversion / Formats