They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Nero problems

Discussions on third party software for the final creation of DVD including Nero, Roxio, DVD Architect, Magix, Ulead, etc...

Nero problems

Postby momoffduty » Wed May 04, 2011 6:54 pm

An odd thing happened with Nero. I had several tapes for direct transfers from VHS to DVD and since there wasn't any editing used the Panasonic unit. Then used Nero to copy the discs. The first copy would work fine but the 2nd copy wouldn't. Tried to copy a different disc and worked. Tried to copy again and it failed. After making several coasters realized that if I chose "burn project again" or if I plugged in more than "1" copies the error would occur. And I had to close out Nero each time and take the original disc out and reload for the burns to work.

Normally I set the DVR for time limit off and chapters are made. And sometimes I do the time limit + 5 minutes for no chapters. Either way it is a 2 hour max in SP. But, these tapes were 2 hours + 2 or 3 minutes and I didn't want to use LP because of empty disc space and that would mean more compression. I used Flexible Recording mode that way I set the time to 2 hours 10 minutes and there would only be a few minutes of blank space and better quality compression than LP.

Does the Flexible Recording mode have a different file structure that would cause Nero to be confused on additional copies?
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Return to DVD Authoring