They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Layer Break Issue Again

Discussions on third party software for the final creation of DVD including Nero, Roxio, DVD Architect, Magix, Ulead, etc...

Layer Break Issue Again

Postby SteveG » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:58 am

I am trying to burn to a Dual Layer DVD. When I burn using ImgBurn I get the familiar error message about not being able to find any cell for the Layer Break. I found and followed the instructions how to split a file using VobBlanker. It worked. Except now I have no Main Menu. It goes straight to playing the movie. If I hit the Menu button it displays the circle with a slash indicating there is no menu.

I thought about trying to burn straight from PE7 but I didn't want to have to do that for the amount of DVD's I need.

Does anybody have an idea about how to fix this?
Steve G

Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip.
--Will Rogers
SteveG
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Layer Break Issue Again

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:00 am

Just to confirm -- you've produced DVD files -- including menus -- using Premiere Elements' Burn to Folder option, right?

And now you're using ImgBurn to move those files to a DVD disc, right? And that's where you're running into problems?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:54 pm

That's really odd, you did follow this set of instructions, right? http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=6376

I haven't heard of that happening before. At this point, you're probably going to need to reburn the project to folder and try again. Verify that you do indeed have the menus and didn't accidently burn to folder without them. Use imgburn first to get the proper data values in case they have changed on the reburn.
Bob

Postby SteveG » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:00 am

Steve, yes. My movie has menu scene markers. I burned to folder on my computer using Premiere Elements 7 . Then I used ImgBurn to burn them to a Dual Layer DVD. I get the message that says "Unable to find any cells that could be used for the layer break". It displays the sectors, etc.

I have reburned the files to a folder several times, wasting a whole Friday night just about.

I found the instructions Bob mentioned. It all seemed to be going right while following them. But after I did that and burned the files to a DVD, no menus.

After I burned to a folder I verified the menus were there and they were.

I think this is one of those problems that would take a lot of time to figure out and I am just going to live with what solution I used since I posted.

Originally, the DVD in my older JVC stand-alone player would pause about 25 seconds then continue with the next layer. But in my newer Blu-Ray player there would be no pause at all. So I ended up burning directly from PE to a DVD. Then copy the files from the DVD to my computer and burn from there. Now on the JVC there is less then a second pause in the movie and also less then a second pause on the Blu-Ray. I am ok with less than a second pause on both now rather than a 25 second pause and no pause before.

At some point I might just try taking those last files and running them through the procedure.
Steve G

Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip.
--Will Rogers
SteveG
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:08 am

I know that this doesn't help with regards to ImgBurn problems but a couple of years before I had ever heard of ImgBurn I bought 1ClickDVDCopy primarily for copying DVDs.

I tend to use it much more often than I use ImgBurn and it has no problems with single or dual layer media. In my case I burn all of my output to folders so that I can archive my completed projects and easily (re) create DVDs.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby SteveG » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:26 am

Thank you for the info John. I will look into it.
Steve G

--Will Rogers
SteveG
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to DVD Authoring