They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

custom Photoshop Menus and Video buttons for DVDA

Discussions on third party software for the final creation of DVD including Nero, Roxio, DVD Architect, Magix, Ulead, etc...

custom Photoshop Menus and Video buttons for DVDA

Postby Doogs » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:09 am

at last... I have finally done a few video tuts on how to create basic menus and video buttons in Photoshop for use in Sony DVD Architect....
Please bear in mind that I am not an expert with the softwares.. and it has been over 3 years since I last recorded any Video Tuts.. and as such There may be some glaring errors in the recordings, but I sincerely hope that the tuts are of some use to all who take the time to view them..

Any feedback would be most welcome...

Tutorials Link here: Tutorials are being re-recorded... be back up soon....
Doogs
New User
New User

Re: custom Photoshop Menus and Video buttons for DVDA

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:47 am

I'm looking forward to having a look at these when I have some more time, Doug. Since they have to be downloaded and unpacked, they take a couple of minutes to get up and running.

But I'm very much looking forward to seeing what you've turned out!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:08 pm

Hi Doogs,

I only had a chance to view the first tut regarding menus. Nice job. I do have a couple of comments.

First, insert menu from file is in DVDA, but not in DVDA Studio -- at least through studio version 4.5, I haven't seen studio version 5 yet. You might want to make that clearer up front as many people have DVDA Studio which is sold unbundled. So, this will not be applicable to them. If you want to do another tut, you might consider creating custom menus using the built-in features -- themes, backgrounds, and buttons, etc. -- including how to customize the component parts and then create a theme from the finished menu. That would be useful to both DVDA and DVDA Studio users.

Second, when you are showing the creation of the buttons, you convert the text layer to a smart object and then rasterize layer. If you instead place an empty layer underneath the text layer and merge the text layer down into it, you'll get the same rasterization of text and styles and this can be done with an older version of Photoshop that doesn't support smart objects. There are a lot of people out there using much older versions.

Again, nice job.
Bob

Postby Doogs » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:38 pm

Bob many,many thanks for the heads up concerning the empty layer and merging it with the frame layer...I am still learning as I go and I appreciate all the advice that others can provide...

I will re-do the basic menu tut and upload the amended version..

I am not sure as to how I would make custom menus from the themes as the buttons don't show up in photoshop when I select "edit in image editor", as i believe the themes are in the xml format...

Once again thanks for taking the time to view the tuts... :-5
Doogs
New User
New User

Postby Doogs » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:07 pm

Basic Menu Tut is back online... http://www.encoretuts.ukpc.net/dvda.html Please remember that the tutorial is for Sony DVD Architect Pro.. and not the studio version...
Doogs
New User
New User

Postby mbribet » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:43 am

Doogs posted about a year ago that he had created video tutorials. I would like to get access to those.
Even a sample psd file would be a big help.
Thanks,
mbribet
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:08 pm

Hi, bribet. Welcome to Muvipix!

Unfortunately, we are not able to offer support for Sony's pro software. At least not support on the level of tutorials.

I'd check out our partner Lynda.com. They're a great source for a wide variety of software tuts!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Doogs » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:15 pm

sorry bud... I never got a chance to save them before my site was taken down.... :-(
Doogs
New User
New User

Return to DVD Authoring