They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Newbie Question..Be Gentle

Discussions on third party software for the final creation of DVD including Nero, Roxio, DVD Architect, Magix, Ulead, etc...

Newbie Question..Be Gentle

Postby posati2d » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:14 pm

I edit and save all of my videos in PE3, I have been burning them from the DVD menu but now need to burn to file for mutliple copies. It saves them in the right file (2 files). I go to burn multiple copies in Roxio 9.2 and it won't recognize the PE files. Do I need to export them as a different format ? I do not want to have to rebuild titles etc..in Roxio as that program is the reason why I am now using PE3. Any help is appreciated.
posati2d
New User
New User

Re: Newbie Question..Be Gentle

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:35 am

Nope. It's easier than that.

You say you've "burned" your DVD files to a folder on your computer, right? If so, then your DVD is done. No need to bring it into Roxio; You just use Roxio (or whatever your DVD burner program is) to burn the files to a disk. In fact, all you need to do is burn that VIDEO_TS folder (with the files inside it) to a DVD disk and you're done. Shouldn't take but about 10 minutes per copy.

Here's more information, including some instructions unique to Nero.
http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bbfa615
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:22 pm

posati2d wrote:Be Gentle

If there are two things you will find at Muvipix for sure, one of them is that we are always Gentle, the other is that we almost always have the answers you need :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:32 pm

Your Roxio suite should contain a disc copier program that will do the job.

I have an earlier version of the Roxio suite. In my version, Roxio DVD Disc Copier, under "Advanced", lets you select a DVD-Video folder on your hard disc to burn to DVD. Select that option and specify the video folder you created with "burn to folder". If you have burned a DVD previously, you don't need to go back to Premiere Elements and "burn to folder" to make copies, you can use your Roxio DVD Disc Copier to make as many copies as you want.
Bob

Postby posati2d » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:04 pm

Chuck, Steve and Bob, thanks so much for your input. The "Be Gentle" was kind of tongue in cheek...I've lurked around this site trying to answer and learn for myself for some time now. I too have found this site the most invaluable tool available and will be completing my paid membership yet tonight.

I think I found my issue, the DVD's I compile are of high School lacrosse games, when I burn straight from PE3 I leave the setting at "Fit to Disk" in the quality section, each of these DVD runs between 1:04 and 1:16 usually. When I used the burn function in Roxio is stated that there was not enough disk space available on the DVD...I am saving these games in a quality size of around 3.8G to ensure they will fit and burn.

The other mishap on my part I think was not rendering the content before burning either to file or folder. I don't know if that compresses the file by any means but thought it couldn't hurt to do so.

I'm writing another 1:06 minute game to folder right now with the little lower quality setting and will try burning it once completed.

Thanks again to all for your help and I sure appreciate your willingness to share your knowledge.
posati2d
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:30 am

I'm not sure what you're saying, posati. Are you saying you created a one minute and six second video and it wouldn't fit on a DVD? Even a one hour and six minute video should fit on a DVD.

Maybe I'm not clear what you're doing.

You should be going to the Share tab, selecting Fit to Disk but selecting the burn option of to a folder on your hard drive. The video you produce here should be only about 4 gigabytes (give or take) for a one hour video. The VIDEO_TS folder this process creates should easily fit on any 4.7 gig DVD disk.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to DVD Authoring