They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Multiple DVDs

Discussions on third party software for the final creation of DVD including Nero, Roxio, DVD Architect, Magix, Ulead, etc...

Multiple DVDs

Postby Helen » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:03 am

Hi
Just wondering what the best option would be on burning multiple copies of a dvd. I have project in a folder on my harddrive. I now need to make multiple copies at different times (as orders come in). Should I burn each one from the folder and specify the quantity, or should I just burn one "master" copy and then just copy the dvd each time I require a new copy.
I am not sure which way would be the most efficient way to go, as the orders will slowly come in over the next month. I would prefer to burn a few every day, rather than all the copies at the end of the month. This way the computer will not be tied up for too long in one go.
Thanks
Helen
Helen
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Multiple DVDs

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:39 am

The DVD copy software that I use involves the creation of a temporary DVD image on the hard drive. At the end of the copy process the temporary files are automatically deleted.

Your DVD copy software may work differently but for me it means that copying an existing DVD takes more time as the temporary work file needs to be created before I can make any copies. :(

So, for my set up, the 'burn to folder' route then use my DVD burning software to create the DVDs as needed is the most time efficient. :)
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:37 am

I agree with John. In addition, if you use Encore, you can just save the project along with the transcode files and it only takes a few minutes to burn a copy as long as you haven't made any changes.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Helen » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:43 pm

Thanks John and Chuck
No more changes required to the project (thank goodness), and I will use Encore today and see how it goes with the first four copies.
Helen :)
Helen
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to DVD Authoring