They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

How do I burn a video_ts folder to a dvd?

Discussions on third party software for the final creation of DVD including Nero, Roxio, DVD Architect, Magix, Ulead, etc...

How do I burn a video_ts folder to a dvd?

Postby kenskopp » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:21 pm

Hello Community,

I have pre9 and Pre 10. In the past two weeks both programs won't recognize my burner drive when set to burn to DVD. I called adobe and after 9 hours of chatting and talking live, all they came up with was set up to burn to folder and then switch back to DVD burn and the yellow warning triangle disappears. two weeks before Christmas I was able to burn a dvd direct with no problem from "Share" tab. I can work with the work around Adobe suggested ( Any one else have this glitch occur?) My real problem is how do I burn a DVD from a folder I created by "burning to folder"? I have Windows Movie Maker and Cyberlink DVD software on my HP. I attempted with Cyberlink to burn a dvd but it was not recognizable by by DVD player. In the main folder are two sub folders and one is listed as video_ts. How can I create multiple dvds from this folder? Thank you for your input. I feel like a "dumb idiot.
Intel Core i7-4770 (3.4GHz, 8MB Shared Cache), Windows 10, One 1TB internal SSD drive (C) and 1 3TB internal drive (E), 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT720, 16GB DDR3-1600MHz, 16GB mSATA SSD Cache, Two External Hard Drives: 3TB (K) and 1TB (H).
kenskopp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: How do I burn a video_ts folder to a dvd?

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:42 pm

Not to worry Ken, your not the first one that this has happened to and the folks at Muvipix are the best at helping solve problems :)

One thing you might want to try is removing your DVD Burner from your system and letting Windows re-install the drive. This is assuming you have a Windows computer and not a MAC. If you need help doing this please let us know and we can walk you through the process. It is pretty easy and will not harm or change anything but may fix the problem.

The other option if the above doesn't work is to try ImgBurn to burn the folder to DVDs. ImgBurn is free software that is specifically for burning DVDs and works great. It is used by many of the people here rather than burning from Premiere Elements. You can also add additional folders when you burn the DVD, like photos and/or documents that you may want to include on the DVD.

http://www.imgburn.com/

Let us know if you have any questions :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby kenskopp » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:03 pm

I would like to try to reinstal burner how do I do that? I had HP review my burner so it is ok. I need to know how to burn the video_ts folder.
Intel Core i7-4770 (3.4GHz, 8MB Shared Cache), Windows 10, One 1TB internal SSD drive (C) and 1 3TB internal drive (E), 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT720, 16GB DDR3-1600MHz, 16GB mSATA SSD Cache, Two External Hard Drives: 3TB (K) and 1TB (H).
kenskopp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:02 pm

What operating system are you on? Windows 7, XP, ?
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Peru » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:53 pm

Ken Skopp wrote: I attempted with Cyberlink to burn a dvd but it was not recognizable by by DVD player. In the main folder are two sub folders and one is listed as video_ts. How can I create multiple dvds from this folder?

You only need to burn the Video_TS to a disc.
What brand and kind of disc did you use?
Did it verify OK?
Does the disc play on your computer?

I'm not familiar with Cyberlink. I agree with Chuck that Imgburn is your best bet for burning discs.
Read the FAQ and Guides:
http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?act=idx
Peru

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:59 pm

I vote for ImgBurn also.

With it you just select the option to burn a folder (rather than a file) and then select folder that contains the VIDEO_TS folder. Works every time!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby kenskopp » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:45 pm

I am using windows 7 64 bit home premium on hp pavilion desktop. I am trying to find Imgburn software. So far trying to download Imgburn from website, I have downloaded "***" and "***" Nothing that says Imgburn. Sorry I am so stupid. I have TDK DVD-R discs.And I did burn a pre10 project to one of this discs. I got to *** and it would burn to dvd but I would have to purchase it so no watermarks appeared. In addition the menu I created was inside a menu screen that the software created.
kenskopp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:05 pm

Download Imgburn from here: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=in ... n_complete

Use the BLUE download button in the menu on top.
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby kenskopp » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:59 pm

I have downloaded ***. I brought my video_ts folder contents into ***. After I burned dvd , I put DVD into my player. There is a black screen with "My Video" Title and "play" and "scene" buttons. When I hit play, music starts and my menus appear in little picture frames but scene slections won't play. Does this mean I cannot make DVD menu in pre10? Should I just do project with out menu and burn to folder and then use *** to make up menu? Also if this free software, why does it say watermark will appear on burned dvd? I think I am closer to the solution, but still somewhat confused. I feel I am missing something simple.
kenskopp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Bob » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:36 pm

Wondershare is NOT FREE software and is not the tool to burn your DVD from the DVD folder that Premiere Elements created. Uninstall it and download ImgBurn from this location: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download.

On that page you will see several mirror links (see image below). Click on one to download the software.
imgburndld.JPG

To burn the dvd, start ImgBurn and click on Write files/folders to disc".
ImgBurnwrite.JPG

Click on the browse folders button to locate the folder containing the video_ts folder.
imgburnbld.JPG

Burn the dvd.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob

Postby kenskopp » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:50 am

Thank you Bob very much. I found Image burn and burned a dvd in 8 min. You guys are great Steve and Chuck. As soon as I can budget $69, I will join upm as a subscriber to learn for from the feet of Olympus.
kenskopp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:22 am

:TU: Glad you got it all worked out Ken !!

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to DVD Authoring