They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Img Burn

Discussions on third party software for the final creation of DVD including Nero, Roxio, DVD Architect, Magix, Ulead, etc...

Img Burn

Postby Darmy » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:16 pm

Is this program better than just using the burning tools that come with the Premiere 10 program?

Is it as good as the other programs you have to pay for like Nero and Roxio or any others? I am sorry if this topic is posted somewhere, I could not find it. I have seen a lot of people talking about using different programs to burn DVD's though. I had PowerDirector and that program worked really well to burn a DVD but you could also choose your speed.

Thank you
Darmy
New User
New User

Re: Img Burn

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:50 pm

ImgBurn is awesome! And you can't beat the price!

It's not as full-featured as Nero or Roxio, which include authoring and editing tools. And Premiere Elements is a completely different program.

But as burning software goes, it's quick, efficient and even verifies your discs after burning.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Darmy » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:19 pm

Thank you for your quick response!
Darmy
New User
New User

Postby Darmy » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:54 am

Do you have to download a program like DVD Flick in order to burn your video to DVD so it can be read by the DVD player?
Darmy
New User
New User

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:07 am

ImgBurn is all that you need to burn DVDs, BDs, etc. You can find it here:-

http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

and lots of 'How To' guides here:-

http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=guides
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Darmy » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:51 am

Okay, thank you.

I must be doing something wrong because when I burned an MPG video to a DVD my DVD player could not read it.

I went into the guides and read that you need a VIDEO_TS file but I did not have that. It is a video that I made with PowerDirector but I no longer have that as it is not compatible with my new computer. I just want to burn another copy of the movie to a DVD.

My video plays fine in Windows Live Movie Maker and Windows Media Player.
Darmy
New User
New User

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:00 am

Ahh! Now I think that I understand.

In WMM you need to select the "Publish Movie" option. That should open up a window with options including DVD. If you select that you will be able to write the files to a DVD for playing on a DVD player.

PS. I am using WMM v6.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Darmy » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:46 pm

That did work, thank you. The quality is not quite as good as when it was an MPG2.

Do you know how to create a VIDEO_TS or Blu-ray folder structure with all the necessary files? I was finally able to burn the video with Img Burn but on one DVD player it said "No Audio" "No Video". On another DVD player it played the video but not the audio.
Darmy
New User
New User

Postby Bob » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:42 pm

Darmy,

The VIDEO_TS folder and its contents have to be created by a program with DVD authoring capabilities -- such as Roxio, Nero, Powerdirector, or Premiere Elements. Using one of those programs, you would import your movie file, create your dvd menus or make it an autoplay dvd without menus, and use the program's dvd creation options to burn the VIDEO_TS folder and contents to the DVD. Some programs, like Premiere Elements, can optionally burn the VIDEO_TS folder and contents to your hard drive. But, not all programs provide that capability.

ImgBurn is a disc burning program. If you have the VIDEO_TS folder and contents on your hard drive, it can burn it to a DVD disc in the proper format. But, it is not a DVD authoring program. It cannot create the VIDEO_TS folder and contents from scratch.

ImgBurn can also burn the files to a disc in a "data" format. Data discs are intended to be read by computers and are not in DVD format. Some DVD players do have the ability to play movies from a data disc. But, they are very fussy about what type of movie file they will play. It sounds like you may have created a data disc.

When you exported your mpg movie from Powerdirector, it's possible that you made it a frame size smaller than a standard DVD frame size. What is the frame size of the movie?

What program are you using for video editing and dvd creation? Also, what is your operating system?
Bob

Postby Darmy » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:47 pm

I was using PowerDirector, loved it but no one can seem to get it working on my new computer. (Windows 7 64bit) I keep getting a Visual Runtime C++ Error and another error saying it had to shut down. I have tried multiple things and asked for help from Customer Service at Cyberlink ... no solutions.

I am trying Premiere now but I am reading that a lot of people do not use this to actually burn their DVD.

I am trying to burn a video I made with PowerDirector.

I can include a DXDiag if that would help.
Darmy
New User
New User

Postby Bob » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:24 pm

Are you trying to install the current version of PowerDirector (version 10) which supports Windows 7, or are you trying to install an older version?
Bob

Postby Darmy » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:00 am

The new one. I had PowerDirector 10 Deluxe. Customer Service tells me that it is not compatible with Windows 7 64 bit even though their website says it is. I had to uninstall it because it would not open. Just kept giving an error that it something caused it to stop.

Tried to install the Trial version from Cyberlink and now I just get a Runtime Visual C++ error. Told me to uninstall it, reboot, disable UAC, reboot, install ... still no luck.
Darmy
New User
New User

Return to DVD Authoring