They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

print photos from video freeze frames

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

print photos from video freeze frames

Postby ungermj » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:52 pm

I captured video from my high def mini-dv camcorder into PE9 on my Mac. I would like to use still shots from that video to print photographs after exporting them (I exported them through the Share menu as Jpegs) and editing them in Photoshop. Problem I am having is the photo still shots have horizontal banding in them. How can I export photos so that they will come out clear without the banding?
ungermj
New User
New User

Re: print photos from video freeze frames

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:04 pm

You can apply the de-interlace filter in Photoshop, that should clear up the lines.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:02 pm

Exactly what I would have suggested! The de-interlace filter is found under the Filter menu in Photoshop Elements, in the Video sub-category.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby RJ Johnston » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:05 am

In Premiere Elements you can also set a clips "Field Options" to "Always Deinterlace," and the images exported (shared) will be deinterlaced. With an HV20 clip, I get almost identical results as using Photoshop's "Video > De-interlace" filter with the options "Eliminate Even Fields" and "Interpolation."
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Tips and Tricks