They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Download 'em Before They're Gone: Adobe Media Reader

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

Download 'em Before They're Gone: Adobe Media Reader

Postby George Tyndall » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:23 am

I'm probably the only member who did not know about this, but there is a software called Adobe Media Reader that allows one to download "episodes" of various digital productions, including those on Adobe TV, which has tutorial "movies" on the various Adobe products.

The advantages of downloading as opposed to streaming, for me, are 1) I am planning to continue to use the PRE/PSE7 bundle for most of my work, and it is possible that, when the 9 bundle comes out, the 7 tutorials may be removed by Adobe 2) I sometimes work at locations that have download speeds that are too slow for streaming.

If you already own an Adobe product, you may already have Adobe Media Reader installed, like I did.

Here is the link to the pdf file on how to use the sofware:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AdobeMediaPlayer/1.8/Using/adobemediaplayer_1.8_help.pdf

Here is a description of what the software does, according to the pdf:

About Adobe Media Player
Adobe® Media Player is a next-generation desktop media player, providing high-quality video playback of streamed, downloaded, or locally stored video content. Using the simple, intuitive interface of Adobe Media Player, you can subscribe to and watch online video content. You can also manage your own library of downloaded content and recommend and share favorite content with other viewers.
You can perform the following tasks in Adobe Media Player:
-Find and watch video content.
-Add shows to your list of My Favorites. Adobe Media Player automatically queues up new episodes from your favorite shows when they become available.
-Manage your video content library, including videos previously saved to your computer.
-Recommend episodes to other viewers.
-Share a feed of your favorite episodes with friends.
-Manage your user preferences and options.

(If your experience is anything like mine, then you are going to need to read the pdf to understand how to take advantage of what the Reader has to offer.)

::wav::
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Tips and Tricks