They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Fake Camera in PrEl

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

Re: Fake Camera in PrEl

Postby momoffduty » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:33 pm

You are very welcome! Keep in mind that most of the transitions can be customized. Take a few photos and play with the controls in a practice project.

The child photo you described sounds like a cool effect. Sometimes my best moves are accidents...forgetting to place a keyframe or to move one.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Jayell » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:13 pm

momoffduty wrote:In the transition property panel at the top there should be a small box with a tiny triangle on one side. By clicking on the bottom of that box the triangle should move to the bottom, South. The same should be for North, East, & West directions of the push.

Wow, I didn't realize the push transition had these variables! I'm so glad videovillageidiot asked for details. I was also thinking your original video, Cheryl, was done in AE (please don't point out that PrEl is in the title of this thread). :no: I love this effect. I'm going to play with it over the next day or so. You always do such creative stuff! Thanks for sharing (several months ago) :-D
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby momoffduty » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:39 pm

jayell, didn't see the PrEl in the title? Makes me feel better, sometimes (or a lot of times) I do something the long way only to realize later that I made it more complicated.

I have another idea for the fake camera. Will try to put it together soon.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Jayell » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:13 pm

I'm curious Cheryl. I tried your first effect with 5 photos. Everytime I 'pushed' up and down, there was a very distinct line between the two photos (like a blank pixel running across the length of the screen). Yes, my PRE and PSE file sizes were both EXACTLY 720 x 480. I fixed it by adjusting the height of each photo by 2 pixels in PRE7. Did you ever run into that? I don't see it in your video. I tried about 4 or 5 different backgrounds in PSE7. Still a neat effect, but certainly a lot of work if you had very many photos!
momoffduty wrote:jayell, didn't see the PrEl in the title? Makes me feel better, sometimes (or a lot of times) I do something the long way only to realize later that I made it more complicated.

No, you just found 'another way' of doing it :-D
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby momoffduty » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:02 pm

No lines here on the background. Odd. When I made a new file, I used the Preset NTSC 720x480 with bicubic checked. This preset must give you .09 aspect ratio versus plugging in the pixel numbers when creating a new file. Otherwise, plugging in the numbers gives you a 1.0 aspect ratio. Anyone verify this is how this works?

In the project panel, right click on the background and look at its property info....should be .09 aspect ratio.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby momoffduty » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:59 pm

I did a test using a new file with the numbers plugged in, giving me a file with 1.0 aspect ratio. There were no lines with the push transition moving any direction. Not sure what happened with yours Jayell, sorry.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby videovillageidiot » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:42 am

yikes! i thought i was getting this figured out but then i tried it and got the same result as Jayell...a definite line between images that are pushed up or down.

what i don't get is how Jayell added 2 pixels in height in premiere...or anything(!) Cheryl was saying in response...where did you check bicubic when you created a new file in PS? how do you view the aspect ratio in PS? i check file info on mine and did not see anything about that.

i really want to use this effect and would love to figure it out before my computer has to visit the geek squad for its annual checkup in a few days. if that goes anything like it did last year, i won't have it for weeks and i'm afraid i'll forget everything!

THANKS!!
videovillageidiot
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:37 am

The bicubic check box is in the lower corner when you are creating a new file. File>New in that pop up box. Not sure if that makes a difference.

To change an image size in PSE: Image>Resize and change the pixel amounts.

In PrEl in the Project panel, right click on the file and choose properties. It will show the aspect ratio...1.0 or .9

My sample was an SD project. Jayell & Village are your projects by chance a widescreen?

And, what versions of PrEl? Mine was version 3.

I am wondering that with PrPro & AE, starting with version CS4, the pixel ratio was changed to .91 that Adobe also changed the ratio in PrEl v7 and later? I searched the help files for PrEl aspect ratio and it lists the ratio as .9 Would this make a difference? Anyone thoughts?
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby Jayell » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:52 am

momoffduty wrote:My sample was an SD project. Jayell & Village are your projects by chance a widescreen?
And, what versions of PrEl? Mine was version 3.

Sorry I haven't had a chance to play with this yet. But will do that this afternoon and provide some feedback.
MY project was 720x480, so I could match your results. Version 7 of both PSE & PRE
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Jayell » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:57 am

videovillageidiot wrote:yikes! i thought i was getting this figured out but then i tried it and got the same result as Jayell...a definite line between images that are pushed up or down.
what i don't get is how Jayell added 2 pixels in height in premiere...or anything(!)

I added 2 pixels after I brought the photo into PRE7. Put it on the timeline .. then went into properties->motion->scale. UNclick the 'constrain proportions' box, then you can fiddle with the 'scale height.'
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Jayell » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:57 pm

momoffduty wrote:The bicubic check box is in the lower corner when you are creating a new file. File>New in that pop up box. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Assuming you're talking about PSE .. File->New .. I see nothing about bicubic anywhere on the screen (PSE7)

In PrEl in the Project panel, right click on the file and choose properties. It will show the aspect ratio...1.0 or .9

In PRE7 it does show .9 as the aspect ratio.
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby momoffduty » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:16 pm

Jayell wrote:Assuming you're talking about PSE .. File->New .. I see nothing about bicubic anywhere on the screen (PSE7)
In PRE7 it does show .9 as the aspect ratio.

Sorry, the bicubic selection is under Image>Resize.

This is definitely a mystery why it is off a few pixels. Seems odd that Adobe changes the aspect ratio for Pro & AE, yet PrEl stayed the same.

But, good to know that an easy fix with changing it in PSE or in PrEl as you suggested.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby videovillageidiot » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:27 pm

Thanks Mom and Jayell...part of my misunderstanding was i was confused as to which steps took place in which program...got that figured out now...and i never noticed the constrain proportions checkbox in the effects properties before! :)

I adjusted the height in premiere by 2...Jayell, I think i increased it by 2% as opposed to 2 pixels. I copied the attributes for the first photo to all the other ones and it went pretty easy.

i was anxious to use the technique and it worked...thanks for all the help!!
videovillageidiot
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Jayell » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:13 am

videovillageidiot wrote:i was anxious to use the technique and it worked...thanks for all the help!!

Looks like you can make the adjustments in either PRE or PSE .. but glad you got it working. I agree .. this is a great effect!
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bill Hunt » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:36 pm

I'll have to check this out in IE, since Chrome does not show it either.

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Previous

Return to Tips and Tricks