They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Streamed Video Capture

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

Streamed Video Capture

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:18 am

You know how it is when you are watching a video on, for example, Vimeo, and your internet connection is down on bandwidth so the video plays but it stops and starts giving a viewing experience that is poor.

Well here is a little utility that overcomes that problem by copying the stream from your browser cache so that you can watch it properly, or even keep it permanently. And, best of all, it has that magic word - FREE!!! :-D

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/VideoCacheView
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Re: Streamed Video Capture

Postby sidd finch » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:54 am

That is pretty cool. You can also just copy the file out of your temp Internet folder file and keep the video too. You just need to get a FLV player so you can watch it on your computer.

Cool Stuff.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby RJ Johnston » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:13 am

John, I had been using VideoCacheView for some time, and then I came across another free FLV/F4V video downloader that allows you to name the file and store it in a library. It also includes a FLV player. I've used it with Vimeo and YouTube. Just select the video and start playing it back from Vimeo or Youtube. Right after that there's a popup that lets you download or remember the video. On Youtube you will see a small icon that says "Get it" that you can also click. You can watch the video while it's downloading or keep adding more videos to download.

http://www.flvsoft.com/download_flv/

There's a pro version that allows you to convert the FLV to some other format, but I already have something from Moyea called FLV to Video Converter Pro 2:

http://www.flvsoft.com/flv_to_video/
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:39 am

Thanks RJ.

As you have tried them both, do you have a recommendation of one over the other? (It is just my personal wish to minimise duplicated software functionality so I'll more than happily go with your recommendation) :-D
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby RJ Johnston » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:02 am

If I had to pick one over the other then I would pick the FLV Downloader. It's a lot easier to organize the files you download, plus you don't have to wade through junk FLV files to find the one you want.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:04 am

Thanks RJ. Downloading it now!!
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Return to Tips and Tricks