They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Precision Keyframing: Helpful Keyboard Keystrokes

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

Precision Keyframing: Helpful Keyboard Keystrokes

Postby George Tyndall » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:28 am

Here is a helpful method for ascertaining that one is keyframing an entire clip or still--with no missing frames at either the beginning or the end of the clip/still:
--with the CTI between the beginning and the end of the clip/still that you wish to keyframe, click Page Up to move the CTI to the very beginning of the clip
-- right-click on the clip/still, select Properties and then select the desired keyframe icon
--after verifying that small white dots have formed under the CTI that is in the keyframe area, click Page Down to bring the CTI to the beginning of the next clip
--click the Left Arrow key, which will move the CTI exactly one frame backwards=just inside the clip that you wish to keyframe
--complete your intended keyframe operation, click Done and
--Voila! you have keyframed precisely one clip/still, from its very first to its very last frame

:TU:
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Precision Keyframing: Helpful Keyboard Keystrokes

Postby Shrimpfarmer » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:04 pm

Voila! It does just as you said on the tin. Thanks for sharing that little gem :-D
Shrimpfarmer
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Precision Keyframing: Helpful Keyboard Keystrokes

Postby George Tyndall » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:15 pm

Shrimpfarmer wrote:Voila! It does just as you said on the tin. Thanks for sharing that little gem :-D

You're welcome.

BTW, thaks to your "gem," MusicIP Mixer, here is what I've been doing all weekend: Using the little green man to find music I didn't know I had and then causing the contents of various existing albums to dance to the newly-discovered music.

This is great practice in preparing for those clients who come to me with a favorite song that I've never heard before and that they want to use for their slide show.

So thank you, too.

:TU:
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Tips and Tricks