They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Editing Camtasia or Camstuido Footage? Some Tips

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

Editing Camtasia or Camstuido Footage? Some Tips

Postby Bill Hunt » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:08 am

In one of the PrPro fora, Dan Isaacs offered tips on workflow, when dealing with Camtasia and Camstudio footage. Here is the link to that article:
http://forums.adobe.com/message/2063028

His suggested workflow does utilize some other programs, both freeware and also from Adobe.

As the Techsmith CODEC's used can be very tricky directly into Premiere, some might find his article useful.

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Editing Camtasia or Camstuido Footage? Some Tips

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:49 pm

I am going to check that out, thanks for sharing Hunt.

At present I am always trying to make my workflow go from Premiere to Camtasia, not the other way around.
I can import AVI from Premiere into Camtasia, not easily the other way around. So I try to make it work and make Camtasia the main part of my workflow rather than Premiere. One nice thing is that Camtasia 6 has multiple tracks and the ability to edit audio, among other things like PiP ;)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Tips and Tricks