They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Loading motions to computer

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

Loading motions to computer

Postby Angela in Phx » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:52 pm

I'm not sure if this is in the right area but I am looking for a tip on how to upload those great background motion folders directly where they belong and then unzipping them.

I am running Vista Business/Premiere3 and am a darn proud member. I uploaded a couple other motions altho it went into a different file and then I extracted from there (it was under application and virtual store) to the en in Adobe Premier 3.

Tonite I let the motion folders load and directed them to the en folder under Program Files Premier 3 (hoping to avoid finding them in the other folder and extracting all to the proper area) but when I go to extract all or move it I get the flwg error message: Cannot Complete the Compressed (zipped) Folders Extraction Wizard. Access to the folder is denied. Before you can extract files, you must change the permissions for this compressed (zipped) folder.

Thank you for your assistance and if I don't get back to you it is because I will probably be at work by the time I read this response. So I'll let you know tomorrow nite how your solution, and I know you have one :lol: , works.

Angela
Don't worry about things YOU cannot control.
Angela in Phx
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:37 am

Wow! A "proud member"! All right, Angela! :lol:

Anyway, there's no reason that I know of to "install" these motion backgrounds in any PROGRAM FILES folder. They're just media. To use them in Premiere Elements, you just save them to your computer and then right-click on them and select Extract. This will unzip the file. Doesn't matter where you unzip it to, as long as you can find it later.

Then open your Premiere Elements project and Add Media. Browse to the motion background and import it into your project and then just drag it to the timeline.

That should be all there is to it.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Angela in Phx » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:56 pm

Thank you for your help. As usual I'm working on 2 different projects so didn't give this a try yet. I knew it had to be a lot easier than what I was going through.
I will try your solution this weekend and see what happens. This is my first Version 3 project and I missed out on Version 2 so right now, everything is still a bit of an adventure.
Don't worry about things YOU cannot control.
Angela in Phx
New User
New User

Return to Tips and Tricks