They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Article on Disc Setup for Editing

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

Article on Disc Setup for Editing

Postby Bill Hunt » Sun May 03, 2009 4:32 pm

Harm Millard posted this article: http://forums.adobe.com/message/1936577 on setting up one's hard discs for video editing in the Adobe CS4 forum. I strongly recommend reading it, if one is buying, building or redoing a video editing computer.

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Article on Disc Setup for Editing

Postby RJ Johnston » Sun May 03, 2009 5:25 pm

When someone tells me that they have 17 internal drives, all I can think is "let's get real." I do follow some of the "rules." Some are not applicable in my case. Anyway, I am doing nicely with my 2 disk computer, neither of which is partitioned, both 7200 RPM, and always defragged. I have my source video on one drive, and export to the other drive, which makes a big difference in time to render and export.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Article on Disc Setup for Editing

Postby Bob » Sun May 03, 2009 6:56 pm

I just read Mr. Millaard's 10 rules and I have to comment. I detest the use of the word "rule", it adds far more importance than it is worthy of getting. At best, these are guidelines. And, take them with a grain of salt, there are some serious misconceptions in them.
Bob

Return to Tips and Tricks