They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Stop Motion Slideshow

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

Stop Motion Slideshow

Postby Peter » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:51 am

My apologies in advance if this has already been covered but I could not find any details in my forum search. My 2 boys (10 and 7) are snapping a ton of photos to make a stop motion movie. I already lowered resolution in camera settings to adapt to NLE.

I assume all I need to do is set duration before importing stills and then choose whether I use Timeline or Sceneline? There will be no special effects and no need for multiple video tracks so I was thinking sceneline to make it easy for them (although I have never used it.) Any thoughts or advice?

Thanks

Peter
Peter

Re: Stop Motion Slideshow

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:47 am

Hi Peter,
You should be fine as long as you set the default still image duration first, don't forget that it is set in Frames.
The sceneline should be ok to work with for your project but depending on the ages of the boys. If possible I always like to start people out on the Timeline because that's where they will end up eventually ;)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Stop Motion Slideshow

Postby momoffduty » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:46 pm

Here is a quick option IF your pictures are in sequential order:

Save pics in groups of 100 per folder. (I recommend 100 for easy ref. if needed later)

Import the folders into PrEl.

Highlight the folder in the media panel & click on the 'more' icon. Choose 'Create Slideshow'

In pop up box: Ordering - Sort Order
Media - Take Video Only (default)

Image Duration: 007 Frames*

Press 'ok' and the pics will now be on the timeline where you left the CTI.

*A note about Frame #s. When selecting 007 this will generate 4 pics/second (.07+.08+.07+.08=30, which there is 30 frames per second in video)
The good thing about doing it this way is that if it is too fast or too slow just generate the create slide show again. The time will depend on how much of a movement between pics. Some of the Brickyard stop motion creators use 18 pics per second which is a lot of detailed movement. I normally work with the 4 pics per second and if I want to create a pause just duplicate a few pics when fine tuning.

Would suggest working in the the timeline to fine tune. Zoom in on the timeline as much as possible to delete items.

Hope this helps. :)
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Return to Tips and Tricks