They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Talk and Thought bubbles tips

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

Talk and Thought bubbles tips

Postby Wheat King » Sat May 26, 2007 2:34 pm

In Photoshop elements you can create talk and thought bubbles using the shape tool. Create a new document and put the bubble you want into it. save it as a transparent gif or png.

The trick is to bring the file into premiere elements using the import file dialog in the titler. This way you can apply a title style to the object. I also like to add a the text at this point as well, that way the bubbles that you create are reusable. Another trick to reuse a talk bubble that has the arrow pointing at your subject on the bottom left. but let's say you want it to use it on another title but you need the arrow on the bottom right. After you've imported the bubble into the titler you can flip the object horizontally by clicking on the left handle to resize and dragging it straight through the other handle to the right.
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby happy2bapappy » Sat May 26, 2007 5:40 pm

good to know, that all sounds good.

Q. would you be able to drag the size of the thought bubble to different sizes after you've imported it to suit your needs?
happy2bapappy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby RJ Johnston » Sun May 27, 2007 1:18 am

You can create the talk bubbles in Premiere Elements with the title designer using the shape tools.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bob » Sun May 27, 2007 1:19 am

John Ahsmann wrote:Q. would you be able to drag the size of the thought bubble to different sizes after you've imported it to suit your needs?

Yes, select the object and resizing handles will appear and you can drag them to what ever you need.
Bob

Postby Wheat King » Sun May 27, 2007 9:44 am

RJ Johnston wrote:You can create the talk bubbles in Premiere Elements with the title designer using the shape tools.

True, I should have mentioned that for those that don't have the elements bundle. I did experiment a little with that, I found that using photoshop elements was quicker.
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Tips and Tricks