They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Which Nero Program Is Used to Burn Blu-ray Disc from MPEG2?

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

Re: Which Nero Program Is Used to Burn Blu-ray Disc from MPEG2?

Postby RJ Johnston » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:42 pm

I found this message on Nero's website about the help files:

Please note: If online help files from Nero AG are not displayed correctly under Microsoft ® Windows Vista®, it may be necessary to deactivate a safety setting. Right click on the online help file and select Properties from the menu. The Properties window opens. Click the button displayed in the picture to remove the online help blockage.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby George Tyndall » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:49 pm

RJ Johnston wrote:I found this message on Nero's website about the help files....

Yes, RJ, I found that message, too, however, I continued to have difficulties--and I've just read on the Nero forum (on the Nero site) that others have had the same problem. I'm at a different computer now and I've already downloaded some tutorials. I will now try to download to my external HDD some of the PDF documents. Thanks again for your help.
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby RJ Johnston » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:23 am

Oh. I didn't see PDF files, but I did download the complete set of .chm help files for Nero 8:

http://ftp6.nero.com/user_guides/nero8/ ... hm_Enu.exe
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby George Tyndall » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:49 pm

RJ Johnston wrote:Oh. I didn't see PDF files, but I did download the complete set of .chm help files for Nero 8:

http://ftp6.nero.com/user_guides/nero8/ ... hm_Enu.exe

Yes, there are PDF files and they are very straightforward HOWEVER I had to go the Nero's Forum on the Nero website to find a link to them--bluntly stated, I am amazed how difficult Nero makes it to find Help files for the various programs within Nero 9.

Here is the link: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4990

BTW, after experimenting with Nero Vision for many hours last night, it's become clear that Nero is not even close to PRE in terms of sophistication, not to say elegance. PRE is capable of so very much more.

So I've decided that, in the future, when I want to assemble a number of smaller movies into a longer one that will give me a top quality Blu-ray and no red frames, I will create them, one by one, in a single project on a long Timeline. I really resent that PRE is forcing me to do this, but I see no other choice. Do you?
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Ken Jarstad » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:51 pm

I have Nero 8 and I can verify that the "plugin" is really a piece of verification and activation code for a module that is already in Nero. I paid $24.95 on sale for mine but it supports both Blu-ray and HD-DVD. With the lower cost of activation in Nero 9 perhaps they removed HD-DVD support? I was able to burn HD-DVD to a Standard DVD disk and play it on my HD-DVD player.
-=Ken Jarstad=-
Linux Kubuntu 20.04, DIY ASRock MB, Ryzen 3 1200 CPU, 16 GB RAM, GT-710 GPU, 250 GB NVMe, edit primarily with Shotcut
Ken Jarstad
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bill Hunt » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:24 pm

Going back a version, or two, I found that the Help files, even when installed were pretty poor. The PDF’s were better, though I had problems getting the US English versions. Now, there was a UK English version, and I was prepared to just add a “u” into many words. Problem was that these files were Chaucerian! [Just kidding about that.] I never got the Help files to install and be useful from within the program. Had to rely on Acrobat to get any detail, and everything seemed to be missing any detail at all. I found the whole Help issue to be very frustrating. Though I had the retail boxed version, it was lacking in any useful documentation. As stated, a very poor design.

Hunt

PS I find similar problems with Magix software. They seem loathe to share any info on how to use their programs, and their fora are practically useless. I get far better tips on their products here, than on their Web site. Is it a German thing?
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Previous

Return to Tips and Tricks