They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Optimizing Vista

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

Re: Optimizing Vista

Postby Briantho » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:53 am

Well, thank you all, particularly Steve and Bob, for all the tips. I've just taken delivery of a new Dell Studio 15 portable and apart from the loudspeaker sounding like an earpiece lying on a desk with volume turned up to max, several times over the last couple of days PE7 has died with a display problem. Unfortunately the 'recovery' message only appears for a short period of time before PE7 gets blown away. I'm hoping all these tuning etc ideas will at least reduce the frequency of that problem.

My wife's portable is a one year old Fujitsu Siemens with slightly inferior specs by comparison to the Dell and I never needed to 'tune' it - it has just worked for PE7 flawlessly.

I'm working round the Dell loudspeaker problem by having a speaker plugged into one of the headphone sockets otherwise editing would be out of the question. Obviously that problem will have to be addressed by a technician in the next few days. I'm really shocked that Dell sent out a machine with such an obvious fault.
24" iMac. 17" MBP. FCPX and a little bit of Premiere Pro. Nine recent Panasonic HD camcorders. Many (but never enough) terabytes of external storage...
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Optimizing Vista

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:17 pm

I think it goes without saying, Brian, that the first thing you should do is go to the Dell web site and download all of that model's updates!

There might well be several layers of Vista updates to download.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Previous

Return to Tips and Tricks