They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Correct Text after AVI

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

Correct Text after AVI

Postby Jay » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:30 pm

Is there any way of correcting Text after converting it to avi in pse4? I missed some of the spelling before I save it on dvd
and its my rolling credit section of the movie.
Any help appreciated
Jay
Jay
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Correct Text after AVI

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:52 pm

You can lay a new title over the old one, but you can't do much else.
Nothing you can do with it in Photoshop Elements.
Do you still have the original project? Then you can just fix the title.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Jay » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:52 pm

Chuck
Thanks for the help. No I did not save the original.. dummy me But, I did a new correct text and I keyframed over the misspelled words
and sync it in with the rolling text, Work ok.. I got away with it this time....I have learned my lesson.. DO NOT AVI before you save the
original.....in PE format.
Jay
Jay
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Bill Hunt » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:50 am

Jay,

Sounds like you have a workaround, albeit one with some "handwork."

Depending on what you have done to the folders for this Project on your hard drive, you might want to look at your AutoSave folder. Look at the dates of these files (View>Details), as the highest number (probably 5), might NOT be the latest - PE reuses the AutoSave file names and overwrites. That version of your Project *might* get you very close to the end edit. Could be worth a try. If you have purged your hard drive of all of these files, then your workaround is about as good as it gets.

Last question: is your Title roll over footage, or just text over black. If the latter, then you can easily cut out your bad Title, and drop in another one, using your DV-AVI of course. If over footage, you might be able to cut in replacement footage from your source files, and just do a new Title roll with corrections. You'll have to create your Title all over again, but that might be easier than hand syncing your corrections.

Good luck,

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Tips and Tricks