They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

More on IFO files & Looping a DVD!

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

More on IFO files & Looping a DVD!

Postby Gooder » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:50 am

After the post from Niki ( DVD from Amusement Park ) concerning IFO and BUP files!
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3163

I thought I would look a bit deeper into IFO files and something that many forum members have asked about (Looping a DVD).
As IFO files contain the DVD structure and other information then I thought it could be possible to loop a DVD by editing these IFO files!

So I came across this site and article that gives a guide on how to edit these IFO files and make a DVD loop without having to to make your DVD player loop. I think it was CInde (could be wrong) who wanted her DVD to just loop without having to setup her Home DVD player!

There have been other questions on the looping of a DVD and so this article could be a starting point or, if it works then a good solution to the problem!

Please note: you may have to download some free software and it will take you to another site that deals with Copying DVDs, the site is not a hacker site but it does contain various tools on how to copy DVDs! I have not tried the software but the site has been flagged as safe by my Anti-virus software and Site advisor!

The article can be found here:
http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=421

The software can be found here: IfoEdit
http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/ifoedit-basic.htm

Could be interesting to see what other forum members can come up with. :)
It's also a starting point on how to edit these IFO files!

Cheers,
Lee
HP Pavilion t540.se 2.8 GHz, 1GB DDR, 200GB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500. Internal HDD Seagate 250GB, External HDD WD My Book 300GB, Maxtor Basic 500GB. Sound card Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro! & 5.1 Surround Speakers!
Gooder
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: More on IFO files & Looping a DVD!

Postby VernonRobinson » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:41 am

Another tool to help do the same thing was posted by RJ Johnson using a tool called PgcEdit. Both tools are available from Doom9.org. Take a look at this thread for additional help.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=162&p=7451&hilit=pgcedit#p7451

-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Tips and Tricks