They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

calling all podcasters...

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

calling all podcasters...

Postby Rockdoc » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:51 pm

I got an iPod for the first time recently, and I am now seriously considering doing some podcasting on some of the stuff that I work on at the science museum. We will be moving in a few months, and since I am the developer of their most popular Earth science programs, I would like to provide some level of training in my absence for the other museum educators.

I was hoping I could take advantage of the vast pool of knowledge ehre and ask for any tips or advice you may have on making video podcasts (vidcasts? vodcasts? I have seen it both ways). Any and all information and opinions welcome!
Jennifer
Currently the owner of an embarrassingly slow system, hoping that will change!
Rockdoc
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: calling all podcasters...

Postby Rockdoc » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:22 am

bumping this up in case some didn't see it... I didn't think there would be a lot of podcasters here, but I was hoping for one or two...
Jennifer
Currently the owner of an embarrassingly slow system, hoping that will change!
Rockdoc
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: calling all podcasters...

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:29 am

Hi Jennifer,
If you are just talking about creating a file that you can play on your iPod then the H264 export in Premiere Elements works just fine.
I have a few movies on my iPod that I created in Premiere Elements, there is even a preset export for iPods.

Are you thinking of actually pushing the Podcast out to the iPod users through the Apple site?
You can do that as well be it takes some work to set things up and the file has to be formated perfectly for them.

If you just want to post files somewhere for people to download and import to their iPod then you can do that right here in our gallery.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Tips and Tricks