They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Snow Globe Effect

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

Re: Snow Globe Effect

Postby Doreen L. » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:43 am

How do I run the action?
Dell XPS410 Duo Core, 4GB RAM, 2 360 gig hard drives, 1 500 gig external hard drive
http://tworiversailing.com/
Doreen L.
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Paul LS » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:01 am

Easiest way is to unzip it. Then open Photoshop and drag and drop the action on the work area. If the Action window does not appear then go Window>Actions. You should see the Snowglobe action. Click on it and then at the bottom of the window press the play button. It will then carry-out the action. At this stage it should ask you to select your photo.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Doreen L. » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:36 pm

Help!!!! Okay, I was successful in creating the globe. I opened the 'picture to exe program'. I was able to create an executable but when I create an avi, it doesn't work. I selected 'video/create AVI file and then checked 'Create custom AVI video'. I then clicked on the 'Create AVI' button and then it pops up a window to save. I save it and then another window opens and I clicked the 'finish' button. However, nothing is there in the folder I save it to. When I click 'preview', it plays fine in WMP. What the heck am I doing wrong??? Thanks!!!! ](*,)
Dell XPS410 Duo Core, 4GB RAM, 2 360 gig hard drives, 1 500 gig external hard drive
Doreen L.
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Paul LS » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:14 am

Hi Doreen, from my earlier post... "NOTE it is a temporary AVI that will be deleted when you close the program. So you must open up Premiere Elements with the program still open, and import the AVI and then export it. You can then save this version."
So once you click the Finish button the temporary AVI is removed... so, with PicturesToExe still open and before hitting the Finish button, open PE and import the created AVI and export it from PE.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Maxine370 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:56 am

Hey Paul,

Great effect. (The one with your daughter but the snow globe is pretty cool too).

You really do excellent work. I know it was an AE job but did you have to actually paint it on. How difficult is it to learn and create effects with AE? Do you have to be good at creating the original artwork as well?
I'm thinking about AE but the $$$ is steep and I want to make sure I'll be able to learn to use it and use it enought to make it worth it.

Are you a editor, designer, other media or computer professional by trade? Your projects are always something special.
Happy Editing,

Beth
Maxine370
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Paul LS » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:28 pm

Hi Beth, thank you for the compliment. :oops: But there is no artwork involved (which is lucky as I don't have an ounce of creativity in me...). The effect of the raised eye-brows, the widened/flattened nose and gaping mouth were done with the Liquify effect in AE. So actually digitally manipulating her face, so, click on the eye brows and drag up etc. Then the face was colored using a mask to select the regions. Same for the blackening of the eyes and mouth. Then just keyframed and locked to the original face (locked to the eyes) to track the movement of the face.

Best way I find to learn AE is to work through the mulitude of tutorials you can find on the internet. With PE/PPro its was enough just to play around with the programs to learn them. But with AE it is a little more complicated and I find working through tutorials is the best way to learn. Infact the creation of the devishish face is from a tutorial. :twisted:
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Doreen L. » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:39 pm

Sucess! I realized after fiddling around some more after I posted last night and realized that's what I had to do. Thanks Paul for all your help. :-D
Doreen L.
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Previous

Return to Tips and Tricks