They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Create Video Thumbnails for your Gallery Items

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

Re: Create Video Thumbnails for your Gallery Items

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun May 25, 2008 9:50 pm

You did it exactly right Robyn. The thumbnails are in a private directory so they don't show up when people view the gallery contents, they just see the videos or other files. The thumbnails will attach to the videos automatically as long as everything is done correctly, sounds like you did a great job :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby rolawren » Sun May 25, 2008 10:11 pm

Chuck Engels wrote:You did it exactly right Robyn. The thumbnails are in a private directory so they don't show up when people view the gallery contents, they just see the videos or other files. The thumbnails will attach to the videos automatically as long as everything is done correctly, sounds like you did a great job :)

Thanks, it just occured to me before I got your email just now to logout and then come in as a guest, and I could not see my thumbnail in the latest additions / uploads. So it was only shown to me, as I had created it when I am logged in under my account. Makes sense! Was just about to update my Post, to indicate that I now realise what is going on.

Robyn
rolawren
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Ron » Mon May 26, 2008 5:59 am

rolawren wrote:...but was surprised to see the thumbnail thumb_snakes.jpg appear on the Last Additions / Last Uploads.

Only you can see that thumbnail. Just like only you can see the private abum.
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Tips and Tricks